Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

So this ride is gonna be about the end of the arth because another planet hits us right????

The ride theme is that meteors are hitting the earth and we need to go to a new planet in the future. Scientists have created a simulator “Orion” that’ll be used to conduct tests on what’d it be like to travel to a new planet. I think that’s the story but I could be wrong

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

So this ride is gonna be about the end of the arth because another planet hits us right????

Themed to the park's new Area 72, the ride features the latest prototype vehicle developed by the Project X initiative. Scientists are in a race against time to develop technology capable of weaving transport vehicles through a coming meteor storm and traveling to a new planet within the Orion constellation. For the program to be successful, it needs volunteers to help with testing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Themed to the park's new Area 72, the ride features the latest prototype vehicle developed by the Project X initiative. Scientists are in a race against time to develop technology capable of weaving transport vehicles through a coming meteor storm and traveling to a new planet within the Orion constellation. For the program to be successful, it needs volunteers to help with testing.

That is kewl to my man!   I hape I'm not to scared to volunteers. But I can't wait to ride Diamondback at King's island

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dbackdreams said:

That is kewl to my man!   I hape I'm not to scared to volunteers. But I can't wait to ride Diamondback at King's island

I never know whether you posts are serious or not but they never fail to make me laugh. And so for that thank you  :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

I never know whether you posts are serious or not but they never fail to make me laugh. And so for that thank you  :lol:

What you mean my dude. Are you laughing at me????  Don't be a meanie like somebody else on here owns ho ho compeny

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Then you don't have to say anything. Most people on this site know leaked footage and content are wrong but the mods are certainly outnumbered. There's only four moderators on a site that has hundreds of members. You don't need to follow up with comments in the meantime, that just leave more stuff for the mods to clean up.

I have been on this forum for a long time. 

You are correct, there are only 4 moderators and way more posts than they can possibly review and are not on here 24/7. 

In the past when someone would post something that was against the TOS, somebody would usually post something (or send a DM to the person) like "As an employee of the park, you probably shouldn't post that" or "That is against the TOS" and the person was thanked for bringing that to the attention of the members that may or may not know that and the "offender" learned from their mistake and self deleted the post (well edited it to DELETE) and didn't make the same mistake again. 

A little member self-monitoring should be fine (even if by DM to the person) and was generally accepted and appreciated in the past, but now when someone brings up something is against TOS or the employee manual, the person bringing it up gets chastised for it and a long drawn out argument ensues until the mods clean it up.  Worse, all the same people in the argument then repeat the same violation within days of a previous violation...take the earlier argument that was completely removed.  Whether you agree with the drone policy or not, the TOS is clear on it and yet the same people a month ago were arguing that the drone footage didn't violate FAA regulations and they brought that up again and we went down that rabbit hole again.  Whether it is legal or not is not the point - it is the policy of the park and KIC and part of the TOS that you agree to by being a member of this forum. 

Same with these photos now - it isn't illegal to take those pictures and you are not going to jail or get arrested for taking them, but it is against park policy in the employee manual to post them unless that is your job to do so and it is against the KIC TOS as well.  When a post is simply removed with no reason or explanation, how are people supposed to learn moving forward?  How is some kid not even old enough to work at the park going to learn that posting a photo someone sent them from a closed park could get that person in trouble unless it is pointed out to that poster?

Further, some of the employees should be glad the park doesn't monitor this site closer because there have been several violations of the employee manual with some of the posts going on this year....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have been on this forum for a long time. 
You are correct, there are only 4 moderators and way more posts than they can possibly review and are not on here 24/7. 
In the past when someone would post something that was against the TOS, somebody would usually post something like "As an employee of the park, you probably shouldn't post that" or "That is against the TOS" and the person was thanked for bringing that to the attention of the members that may or may not know that and the "offender" learned from their mistake and self deleted the post (well edited it to DELETE) and didn't make the same mistake again. 
A little member self-monitoring should be fine (even if by DM to the person) and was generally accepted and appreciated in the past, but now when someone brings up something is against TOS or the employee manual, the person bringing it up gets chastised for it and a long drawn out argument ensues until the mods clean it up.  Worse, all the same people in the argument then repeat the same violation within days of a previous violation...take the earlier argument that was completely removed.  Whether you agree with the drone policy or not, the TOS is clear on it and yet the same people were arguing that the drone footage didn't violate FAA regulations and we went down that rabbit hole again.  Whether it is legal or not is not the point - it is the policy of the park and KIC and part of the TOS that you agree to by being a member of this forum. 
Same with these photos now - it isn't illegal to take those pictures and you are not going to jail or get arrested for taking them, but it is against park policy in the employee manual to post them unless that is your job to do so and it is against the KIC TOS as well.  When a post is simply removed with no reason or explanation, how are people supposed to learn moving forward?  How is some kid not even old enough to work at the park going to learn that posting a photo someone sent them from a closed park could get that person in trouble unless it is pointed out to that poster?
Further, some of the employees should be glad the park doesn't monitor this site closer because there have been several violations of the employee manual with some of the posts going on this year....

I think we should just shut up about it all as it’s gone on for way too long... and if that one dude could stop bringing it up over and over again and ranting like a five year, we’d be much better off... I’ve legit considered leaving the coaster community so many times over people like that and people who just put so much negativity into the community for their own personal gain... so plz can we all just learn and shut up? The mods know what they’re saying and doing the majority of the time...

@disco2000 I'm not suggesting anyone to break the TOS or park rules, but the same member should not be the voice of the site. The mods have worked hard to reach the level of authority that they have and when the same member, who'a no different in ranks than any of us, comes in constantly references the TOS, it gets old. We're not children- we know the rules and if the TOS changes we follow them. Sure there's a slip up now and then but that needs to be dealt with by the mods and the mods alone. 

No one liked the bossy kid in school, constantly telling their classmates what to do.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I am truly sorry for all that is going on right now and what I have started. I should have never posted that picture. Sorry for the people I ruined it for also. I might as well take a break from KICentral for awhile. Goodbye for now

You gotta do what you gotta do, but know that you will be missed.  Your posts are insightful without being overbearing.  Don't let the rotten apple spoil the whole bunch.

• Like 5

Let's go ahead and calm down and discuss our excitements for Orion! Less than 2 weeks now until my first ride at the first rider auction! While it kinda sucks that we have to wear masks, I think it'll be neat to look back on it several years from now when our next coaster is getting built where we'll discuss the opening of Orion where we had to wear masks its opening year. 

• Like 3

Let's go ahead and calm down and discuss our excitements for Orion! Less than 2 weeks now until my first ride at the first rider auction! While it kinda sucks that we have to wear masks, I think it'll be neat to look back on it several years from now when our next coaster is getting built where we'll discuss the opening of Orion where we had to wear masks its opening year. 

I actually got a really nice mask that’s extremely comfortable and can cool you down on hot days!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I ordered one of those neck goiter things from Amazon.  I chose one that has the Orion blue color.  It came and it looks a little effeminate because it is very light blue.  Do I keep it and wear it proudly in support of our GiGa, or do I succumb to gender stereotypes and return it and get a black one?  decisions, decisions...

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Marc3E said:

Doesn't look too badly priced. I may look into it. I was going to just wear a bandana over my nose and mouth, but I may look into this. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I am truly sorry for all that is going on right now and what I have started. I should have never posted that picture. Sorry for the people I ruined it for also. I might as well take a break from KICentral for awhile. Goodbye for now

The social media photo and ensuing debate has been cleaned up from this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I ordered one of those neck goiter things from Amazon.  I chose one that has the Orion blue color.  It came and it looks a little effeminate because it is very light blue.  Do I keep it and wear it proudly in support of our GiGa, or do I succumb to gender stereotypes and return it and get a black one?  decisions, decisions...

It shouldn't matter what color you wear, even pink. Whatever color you want regardless of gender or sexual preference. Nobody in 2020 has a right to bat an eye or give you crap. Screw them if they try.

• Like 4

Not sure what photo was posted as I didnt see, but I must say. I wandered back to Orion cause I was curious to see the changes to the area, and there's a lot of extra theming now. It looks super cool in person, and the lift hill is pretty intimidating. Can't wait until I can help fulfill most of your short term dreams by working at the coaster :)

I didnt go in the queue line since I wanted to save some surprise for myself, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with how they're doing the area :)

There's still some loose ends to tie up though for a bit, so I wouldn't expect any pictures/video/webcam action for a week or so,  potentially more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I got a galaxy pattern so I don't have to match exactly lol

61VaBU+7tKL._AC_UY780_.jpg

• Like 2