Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

For me, both videos have worked on my iPhone. I believe it has to do with Apple’s video format, so it likely only works on select Apple devices. I think it would need to maybe be converted to a more universal video format for it to be visible to everyone on all devices.

It’s a mpeg off my nikon, which I imported to the phone to upload.

It did convert to a .mp4 When I did color correction in the basic iPhone editor.

• Like 1

Imagine if the park manages to get some drone footage of these lights and it testing with them, it would make a great commercial.

Yeah remember CP’s “A Place Like No Other” commercial and shot of Valravn at the end? Hell yeah!
  • Like 1

When we can actually go to the park at night, Area 72 is going to looks SO GOOD with Orion’s lights reflecting over the entire area. Also, the park installed a ton of the red warning lights on a lot of the building as theming that will also make the area looks great!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bengalsguy23 said:

It would be really cool if they could get the lights to sync with the Eiffel Tower. 

They should be able to already, the park installed a park wide lightning control system as part of bringing back Winterfest.  They can synchronize these types of lights across the park.

This is the same system that controls the lights on international street for the nightly fireworks shows.  I believe they will only synchronize for special events like the nightly fireworks shows which I do not believe will occur this year.  While there will be fireworks I doubt it will happen on July 4th though, I suspect that will either be last years show, or a special show just for the 4th.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Might be better than fury’s :D

An assist goes to @collin.klopfstein for the IG message of the picture someone took from their house last night. He asked if I was going to go take pictures tomorrow... I was already gone at that point! I was loosely planning on doing a drive by later, but that sure accelerated my movements. 

• Like 3

Wow! Good stuff! All these pictures are getting me hyped to ride. Orion is going to be a great addition to the park. Though it may not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, I'm really excited about those 4-across trains. Though it's technically a giga, it looks like a giant B&M hyper to me (that turnaround has me thinking of Raging Bull, which is the only B&M hyper I've ridden) ,and that's quite alright! B)

Also, ohmygosh, we are finally getting bathrooms in Area 72!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hotrodyoda said:

I demand that we petition and boycott KI until they grow grass and plant every single tree and shrubbery that's visible in the ride announcement rendering.  WHO'S WITH ME?!

Yes - we want a "SHRUBBERY" :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I can already see neighbors complaining about the led strip, despite the fact that the Eiffel Tower is consistently lit at night

People are gonna complain either ways and don’t get anywhere with it so might as well ignore them...

1 hour ago, Marc3E said:

People are gonna complain either ways and don’t get anywhere with it so might as well ignore them...

It’s bright, but it’s really not that bright. Being a blue LED light, it’s visible wavelengths are not the best at transmitting a distance(short and intense, I guess like Orion). It is better suited up close and has more of a “bloom” or “atmospheric” look. If it was white, yellow, orange or something like that with the same lumens/candlepower it would be a different story. 

As an aside, I wouldn’t be too surprised if that strip can be programmed RGB with different color outputs(think those bulbs on the Effie tower during winterfest). While it’s possible, I don’t think it’s likely(a picture from an unauthorized source makes the bulb housing look clear so it could have individual semiconductors of color or just the blue).  Hopefully, it’s a question that is entertained or we eventually find out by what we see. 

While I’m thinking of it, I’m sure that the blue housing is transmitting light and adding to that diffused look. 

• Like 3