Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

17 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The general public from an amusement park standpoint are those who visit the park, but just to visit and don't work there or for the industry. From an enthusiast standpoint, they are basically the same thing, but not an enthusiast. 

Thanks you. So go is some body that paid to go to King's island.  You work there so you are not gp but like me and everybody else on here would be unless they work there right.  I still hope we can ride Daimonbdack

• Like 1

Interesting choice. It kind of reminds me of the Close Encounters of the Third Kind poster and the font used for that sign does have a 70s/sci-fi kinda look. (Although, it also reminds me of the T2 logo.) 

But I do wonder how that area transition will work. It seems like it would be somewhat jarring 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Joshua said:

But I do wonder how that area transition will work. It seems like it would be somewhat jarring 

I think it will work out pretty well, actually. There’s Orion Cart on that path plus the propping in that photo, so there’s already a segue starting before you walk under Racer. Plus Area 72 is supposed to exist in Kings Island, so it makes sense that you can see things like Orion, etc., from the park.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kodistict said:

Also, am I the only one who noticed that Orion's anti rollbacks are almost completely silent? I'm not sure if its just the camera or not, but you can hear them in the other giga povs.

Yeah, they are really quiet, pretty similar to Banshee's. The lift hill motor is extremely loud though when it's at full speed.

• Like 4

Just now, IceePirate said:

Yeah, they are really quiet, pretty similar to Banshee's. The lift hill motor is extremely loud though when it's at full speed.

Yeah I bet lol, I heard it in the first testing video.

• Like 1

Just now, Kodistict said:

Yeah I bet lol, I heard it in the first testing video.

It literally drowns out a lot of stuff in the station. Only kicks in when the train is fully on the ascent and when the train ahead clears the first block in the brake run. So pretty much all the time lol. The lift is actually pretty quiet when it's on the slower speed. Only takes about 40 seconds to get to the top of the lift at full speed from when the train starts moving, so it's a pretty good timer lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

I think the lighting package on Orion will be one of, if not the best in the world. This thing lights up like Hyper Sonic from Sonic 3 and Knuckles!! 

Still hard to beat Hangtime imo.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Yeah I was just saying because I feel like some people want to see it all in person the first time. 

Its a leak from the looks of it. Most likely from an employee which is unfortunate that they're so eager to share the images at the risk losing their job

Yesterday I actually posted the original Instagram post here of the Area 72 entrance, but it got taken down pretty quickly. It was also taken down from Instagram. I think it was probably an employee photo that likely was not supposed to have been shared publicly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I tried to share an Instagram post yesterday that featured a couple of videos of Orion and the area from inside the park. Luckily, it didn't work lol. 

Anyways, it looks like the little shade structures in the que line says outpost something on them. I believe one of them says "outpost 20"

What does outpost 20 mean

• Like 1

I have heard there are a lot of Kings Island and Cedar Fair easter eggs scattered around Area 72 which is very exciting! I guess this can be expected with all of the easter eggs on the antique cars, but I can’t wait to check them out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I have heard there are a lot of Kings Island and Cedar Fair easter eggs scattered around Area 72 which is very exciting! I guess this can be expected with all of the Easter eggs on the antique cars, but I can’t wait to check them out!

Won't be long until we start hearing theories about what they could mean. Like what we saw with Cedar Point and the Easter Eggs they have in Frontier Town and Carowinds with Blue Ridge Junction.

• Like 1

I have been seeing a lot of judgement towards Orion from people who haven't ridden it yet on the pov videos, comparing it to Fury and all of that. In my opinion Orion and Fury are incomparable, because Fury and Orion are going for completely different experiences. Fury is low to the ground, with faster transitions, while Orion has elements that are higher up, and are more focused towards tallness. I think Orion will be an outstanding addition nonetheless, (I mean, its a B&M giga, it simply can't be a bad ride.) Sorry, just needed to get that out of my system :)

• Like 3

I just accidentally clicked on a video of someone reacting to the POV.  I do not want to watch the POV! I watched the render,  but I want to be surprised by the experience of Orion the first time I get to ride :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I have heard there are a lot of Kings Island and Cedar Fair easter eggs scattered around Area 72 which is very exciting! I guess this can be expected with all of the easter eggs on the antique cars, but I can’t wait to check them out!

That's true, there are quite a lot of easter eggs sprinkled into the area. My favorite one would have to be the barrel lol. You'll see what I mean

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dbackdreams said:

What does outpost 20 mean

When it first opened, your "destination" on Adventure Express was to be Outpost 5. Later, when Son of Beast was built, it was themed to Outpost 5. It could be a reference to that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joshua said:

When it first opened, your "destination" on Adventure Express was to be Outpost 5. Later, when Son of Beast was built, it was themed to Outpost 5. It could be a reference to that. 

Probably just a reference to the year

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joshua said:

I saw pictures of beast son.  The Adventure Express fun to to so all these casters are related kewl!!!!