Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I went to Busch Gardens about 2 weeks ago down in Tampa.  The way they were operating the coasters was every other row, and only 'your' party could be seated next to one another.  Montu, which seats about the same number of people as Orion (32), typically only had 7 to 14 people on each train.  It was painfully slow.  A ride which normally had a wait time of 15-20 minutes was an hour and a half.  It was not a good experience, however, they were still trying to work the kinks out i bet since it was only the second day they had been open since the closing.  We only rode 5 rides in 8 hours.  Just be prepared that limited capacity into the park, will not mean faster wait times for rides.  We experienced that firsthand.  

Also, wearing a mask was not as bad as I expected.  I recommend one of the surgical paper type masks as they are easier to breath with, and very comfortable.  Just be prepared to ask your friends, 'what did you say?', since sometimes its harder to hear what your friends say.  :-)

If you guys have any other questions on what it was like in a park with the Corona restrictions, feel free to ask!

I'll be at KI on Friday to finally ride this thing!

• Like 2

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I know a follow up was supposed to come today. I haven't gotten it yet.

Yeah, I've just had issues with things going to spam or junk folder even after I redesignate them as not, so makes me nervous lol

3 hours ago, Kodistict said:

Yeah, I haven't gotten it yet. It will probably be out later today. I highlighted that part in the email telling what info would be in it

Screenshot (500).png

I am just curious... Does anyone on here know exactly why the Media Day event for Orion was cancelled? If first riders event is not until 5 pm that leaves plenty of time for a Media Day event. 

1 minute ago, Benjamin22 said:

I hope they take out the footers sooner rather then later..... that area is already a major eyesore.

I agree. Vortex’s old plot of land looks like it was trashed with the footers, piles of trees, and broken track. I guess this shows the park is in no rush to replace it which makes sense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree. Vortex’s old plot of land looks like it was trashed with the footers, piles of trees, and broken track. I guess this shows the park is in no rush to replace it which makes sense.

It's possible due to the pandemic only a certain amount of people could be inside the park the last few months. Which means they obviously focused on Orion and the crew needed for its construction etc than the clean up crews. Had there been no virus it probably wouldn't have been left in this state for long.  But that's just my benefit of the doubt thinking :) 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Double post: also I just thought of something, maybe to recognize the top fundraisers for the first riders event, they get a piece of Vortex. Just a thought 

By "recognize" I think Don meant recognizing the top fundraisers in the park so they would know who to put on the first train. But hey, a piece of Vortex would fit perfectly with my Vortex paint chips.

• Like 2