Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

2 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

After ~13 years, is the Flight of Fear on ride camera photo finally back?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm guessing so, I might have let out a small squeak when I saw it lol. Always wanted to see what my kid is doing on it...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PatchesC said:

I'm guessing so, I might have let out a small squeak when I saw it lol. Always wanted to see what my kid is doing on it...

Actually makes sense considering the increased traffic with Orion and those that will say "hey the line for that looks short compared to Orion" - then they get in the building :) 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

My only concern is riding The Beast at night with that huge turnaround lit up, but it is still worth the trade off in my opinion!

As bright as the lights are, I think there are enough trees between the turn around and that section of The Beast to where they won't be too noticeable. At least, that's what I'm hoping anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

Actually makes sense considering the increased traffic with Orion and those that will say "hey the line for that looks short compared to Orion" - then they get in the building :) 

Wasn't the queue inside changed on the blue prints though.  I thought it was only the first row to get to the ship and that was it. 

9 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Here are the lights in action!

Edit: Is it just me or does it looks like the lights on the “wave turn“ are not changing colors like the rest of the lights?

It does look that way in the sequence seen from out front. It did not seem to be the case when I was viewing from Great Wolf Lodge’s berm out back. 

Last night the multicolored sequence didn’t seem to last very long and it was that along with the primarily white/blue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

My only concern is riding The Beast at night with that huge turnaround lit up, but it is still worth the trade off in my opinion!

You only see the turnaround for a couple seconds right as you're entering the straight track. After that, it's regular ol' beast

• Like 2

First where this at and then we just got gigu so I don't think you are right why get another one I rather have another Daimonbdack!!!!

He’s referring to a photo of where Vortex once stood and he was being sarcastic about another gigacoaster coming. Just good old silliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DiamondBeast said:

As bright as the lights are, I think there are enough trees between the turn around and that section of The Beast to where they won't be too noticeable. At least, that's what I'm hoping anyway. 

1 hour ago, IceePirate said:

You only see the turnaround for a couple seconds right as you're entering the straight track. After that, it's regular ol' beast

The lights are not bright, but their color has a high intensity close to the source with what looks to be dramatic fall off as you move away from ride. I dont think it should detract from The Beast experience but quite possibly add to it with that almost atmospheric glow light filtering through the trees. It should be noticable at the first hill, and the run through the brake shed. I guess we will see how folks feel about it. 

I say all that with 2 additional points. 

1. Light is invisible to the eye unless it has something to reflect off of for us to see it. It will have a tough time making through all those thick trees back there.

2. Light is directional. Those underglow lights are beaming straight up and it was enough for us to see the glow on the clouds above it last night. 

6 minutes ago, Marc3E said:

Awesome, I’m going opening day and can’t wait to share my review!

As will we! We will be there tomorrow night for the first rider event and have a1030 slot on the 2nd. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

He’s referring to a photo of where Vortex once stood and he was being sarcastic about another gigacoaster coming. Just good old silliness. emoji846.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok that just can't be it!  I am gonna miss vortes we had fun watching it. Sad it is gone and I didn't think he was surus.

4 hours ago, Waltny said:

The lights are not bright, but their color has a high intensity close to the source with what looks to be dramatic fall off as you move away from ride. I dont think it should detract from The Beast experience but quite possibly add to it with that almost atmospheric glow light filtering through the trees. It should be noticable at the first hill, and the run through the brake shed. I guess we will see how folks feel about it.

I defiantly agree that if the lights from the turnaround are visible(and I also agree with you that they will most likely be hidden by trees) that would be something cool to see, but I can see how spotting them during a night ride could be disappointing to some. As you said though, seeing lights from Orion for a few seconds should not change the quality of the other 4 minuets of The Beast nighg ride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotrodyoda said:

I'm excited to see Orion from the POV of The Beast's second lift and The Racer at night.

It looks amazing. The coolest part on The Beast is coming out of the second drop and turning into the brake shed. Orion’s turnaround just towers over that section of the track. It looks awesome! 

15 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Are news reporters coming out tomorrow morning to cover the opening of Orion? I know media day was cancelled, but I wonder if the park still wants local news stations to come.

While working tower today, some guest told me that they had A72 blocked off and I believe he said that he saw some news stories being filmed. Idk if this is true or if he thinks the decoration vans were actual news vans. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

While working tower today, some guest told me that they had A72 blocked off and I believe he said that he saw some news stories being filmed. Idk if this is true or if he thinks the decoration vans were actual news vans. 

LOL! How many news vans are there in Area 72?

42 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That's probably just the theming, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.