Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 minutes ago, Ohiocoasterman said:

Does anyone know if they will get a 4th crane? 3 to hold the last 3 track pieces and one for the basket?

They only need 3 cranes. The next piece of the drop can hold itself, 1 crane lifting and holding the remaining lift segment (2 pieces together), 1 crane lifting the top drop piece, and 1 crane for the basket.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Orion's Drop > Leviathan Drop

Orion Drop>Fury 325 Drop      But I am super biased.  Slightly steeper into the ravine and right next to the ground.   the 25 feet will be moot at that ravine/ ground point I think/hope. Plus slightly steeper

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Orion Drop>Fury 325 Drop      But I am super biased.  Slightly steeper into the ravine and right next to the ground.   the 25 feet will be moot at that ravine/ ground point I think/hope. Plus slightly steeper

If we are being bias then mine would look like this Mill Force Drop > Orion's Drop. haha 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It’s the same drop height, but Orion is 5 degrees steeper.  Orion is also a B&M, which means it’s better than that crappy Intamin :D

We cant assume things though. None of us have ridden Orion. Though Millie's drop is one of the best out there imo.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It’s the same drop height, but Orion is 5 degrees steeper.  Orion is also a B&M, which means it’s better than that crappy Intamin :D

Shot fired wow! I beg to differ. Mill Force is also faster then Orion will be. Crappy Intamin. Funny thing is I bet you wouldn't say that if KI's giga was an Intamin. :angry:

By crappy i think you meant The OG / How many times did that coaster beat every other B&M for best steel coaster on earth.?? 

* Mic Drop*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

that crappy Intamin

Shall we go over the positives?

1. Hands down best drop on a roller coaster (from what Iv'e ridden)

2. Fun and forceful overbanks (the first one makes me gray out)

3. Amazing airtime

4. Beautiful view of Lake Erie

5. Beautiful colors + light pack

6. Non restrictive restraints

All of these are based on my opinion though. And I respect that everyone has their own opinions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishleehooker said:

Well technically Orion bottoms out at the top of the ravine and begins going up over the ravine....

3 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

Please provide evidence for this claim.

I would...but I don't want to spoil a lot of "surprises" (to people who think what he and Shaggy say is gospel) that will be in my book.

I personally found him to be extremely rude and condescending to any new members, including myself, even borderline cyberbullying. He created a very toxic environment on this forum, and the site is much better off without him. 

48 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Shot fired wow! I beg to differ. Mill Force is also faster then Orion will be. Crappy Intamin. Funny thing is I bet you wouldn't say that if KI's giga was an Intamin. :angry:

By crappy i think you meant The OG / How many times did that coaster beat every other B&M for best steel coaster on earth.?? 

* Mic Drop*

I hear the engineers think Orion may go 92-93 mph.  Either way its splitting hairs.  They both should be great. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I would...but I don't want to spoil a lot of "surprises" (to people who think what he and Shaggy say is gospel) that will be in my book.

I personally found him to be extremely rude and condescending to any new members, including myself, even borderline cyberbullying. He created a very toxic environment on this forum, and the site is much better off without him. 

Too often those on social media that feel they know more than the average enthusiast only to find out they know a small amount will attempt to point out what they hope is the inadequacy of those who contribute intelligent information.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personal opinion time again!  So Fury 325 cost 30 million, not including some taxpayer money for some land. I figure to build a clone would have cost 40 million with the cost of steel and inflation from the time Fury 325 was built, and to beat it would be over 40 mil. We know they spent about 25 million on Banshee.  I am of the opinion they calculated a few things:  They would need something to replace Vortex and something great.  In the meantime build the Giga but save money on trying to beat Fury as that would cost way too much $ for the return it gives.  Going 93 and doing it in style would be great.  Mako gets reviews that are as glowing as Diamonback even though its shorter and not as tall or as fast. But it maximizes some things.I think B & M learned something there and can save KI some money doing a GIGA mako basically.  I am hopeful this is along those lines.  So anyway, save that 10-15 million, add in some extra money generated from the new Giga and follow up with an RMC (My obvious hope) to beat Iron Gwazi...or at least get another Twisted TImbers type.  I think Cedar Fair wants more RMCS.    So I think this is a great investment and trying to beat Fury,  Millennium or the others would cost way too much and would hurt the next coaster investment fund. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

Too often those on social media that feel they know more than the average enthusiast only to find out they know a small amount will attempt to point out what they hope is the inadequacy of those who contribute intelligent information.

I feel this is also true when those type of enthusiasts try to dissect the GP and fail miserably.  

• Like 1