Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

That hill looks like the greatest thing ever(besides The Beast)!  Then it traversing down the whole hillside?  I think the shortness is gonna be a good thing too.  I don't want it running out of steam trying to do every last element and all that.   So the length is fine to me too.   And I am superfine with the height.  The steepness is gonna be very very intimidating!  Man I hope its topped off today or tomorrow too!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe the higher ups in maintenance and construction said 50 degree lift.

I'm aware of what they said, which is at the very least unfortunate.

Found the links to the blueprints provided by @Bansheeback. In the first link, the lift hill base footer is on page 6, top left. The lift spine goes up and to the right. I included the 2nd link for those interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6qKpT4jW4JwgNh9uXq4dD39iLwbyAmJ/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DSj3IBP1_GI9h7JhU7217zdiO-LQbNU9/view

EDIT: here's the footer design. 

Orion Lift Footer.JPG

• Like 3

I wonder why B & M have the supports for Diamondback's lift hill where one support is connected to a taller support a few feet lower, whereas this and the other B & M seems to have both supports in a triangle meeting at the same spot?   Always wondered about that. And think I like that both are different in that way. 

• Like 1

I did get a bunch of good pictures off of my camera, but I don’t have time to post those till later today. But here it is completely capped off the back of my cameraI did get a bunch of good pictures off of my camera, but I don’t have time to post those till later today. But here it is completely capped off the back of my camera. Wild gravity was out there too so he may beat me to the punch.

D4E8B13A-93C4-47E8-9BD8-7AA656EE1339.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Now it looks way bigger than Diamondback IMO. Diamondback just has such a close position in the park and is still a really darn big roller coaster. Its actually great that once you ride Diamondback, its not that huge a step to go onto Orion. And yet you get closer and closer and its just huge, and you look at the drop and its actually not a drop at all but more of a plummet?  Cold sweats for sure. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, rlentless said:

That angle on the drop is insane.  Can't imagine the whip you will get in the last row.  I remember the first time on DB I rode in the back seat the whip over caught me by surprise . . I thought I was being launched out of my seat.

It's gonna be an absolute moon-shot!  First row is gonna be insane for its own reasons too. But man that back row drop!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Low key might apply for a job there so I can ride the ride first emoji23.png we did it when I was a supervisor there and rode Banshee like 20 times the day before it opened to media even

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bring me with you? I would totally get a job there for this reason.

44 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

I wonder why B & M have the supports for Diamondback's lift hill where one support is connected to a taller support a few feet lower, whereas this and the other B & M seems to have both supports in a triangle meeting at the same spot?   Always wondered about that. And think I like that both are different in that way. 

Fishleehooker,

I believe Diamonbacks supports are "different" because there are buildings and pathways where the typical "triangle" supports would bottom out. The splashdown zone might affect the support placement too.Looks like the B&M engineers used lots of ingenuity to fit Diamondback's first hill over that busy part of Rivertown.

Orion (and most every other B&M Giga and Hyper I've seen) is built over more of a clean slate type of land.

• Like 8

Just now, Buckeye Brad said:

Fishleehooker,

I believe Diamonbacks supports are "different" because there are buildings and pathways where the typical "triangle" supports would bottom out. The splashdown zone might affect the support placement too.Looks like the B&M engineers used lots of ingenuity to fit Diamondback's first hill over that busy part of Rivertown.

Orion (and most every other B&M Giga and Hyper I've seen) is built over more of a clean slate type of land.

I was thinking that as I typed it!  I figured something like that had to be the case. I think they are really cool that way too. 

• Like 1