Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Waltny said:

I did get a bunch of good pictures off of my camera, but I don’t have time to post those till later today. But here it is completely capped off the back of my cameraI did get a bunch of good pictures off of my camera, but I don’t have time to post those till later today. But here it is completely capped off the back of my camera. Wild gravity was out there too so he may beat me to the punch.

D4E8B13A-93C4-47E8-9BD8-7AA656EE1339.jpeg

YES! ORION IS FINISHED BABY

#Orion

#Kiga

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MillenniumforceMike said:

YES! ORION IS FINISHED BABY

#Orion

#Kiga

Not “finished” but definitely tall!!! :P

Who’s excited for Winterfest now???

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy to see it topped off, and construction’s just getting started! Now that the lift is complete, the rest of the ride will shoot up like a lego set. To give y’all some perspective, after Fury was topped, the first half of the ride went up in 3 weeks. Last piece went in January 30th, or 58 days after it was topped (8 weeks). With the same timeframe on Orion, it would be complete around January 1st 2020, and that’s ignoring the 1000+ feet difference in length.
 

What I’m trying to say is that it’s possible the ride could be complete before the end of Winterfest.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^Yes. It was showing up for me when you posted it the first time, so no trouble here watching the video. 

Can’t wait to see this in person at WinterFest!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

^^Yes. It was showing up for me when you posted it the first time, so no trouble here watching the video. 

Can’t wait to see this in person at WinterFest!  

Awesome. I should have some photos Up within the hour.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how much the ride keeps swooping on down so gracefully before coming back up after the initial huge plummet. This this looks fast. It looks like the fastest one for its height at least. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you rewatch the POV of Orion I have circled the supports the train goes under hill. The angle of this picture makes it look like there is no space for the track underneath the hill. Definitely should be a crazy headchopper for sure.

 

5071B11D-56F4-4E0B-8F96-8C7A4D273EE9.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

If you rewatch the POV of Orion I have circled the supports the train goes under hill. The angle of this picture makes it look like there is no space for the track underneath the hill. Definitely should be a crazy headchopper for sure.

 

5071B11D-56F4-4E0B-8F96-8C7A4D273EE9.jpeg

Defiantly threading the needle there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now that Orion is topped off and when the railing and such is done being installed, will the 3 big cranes leave or will they keep a couple around for the taller hills?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BBN said:

So now that Orion is topped off and when the railing and such is done being installed, will the 3 big cranes leave or will they keep a couple around for the taller hills?

The turnaround hill is over 200 feet itself.  The highly-banked turn after the first drop is 174 feet.  I think they'll still need at least 2 of them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm super curious with Orion's layout having that dip in the ground will they be able to move the cranes to the other side of that fully assembled or will they have to disassemble them to move them first?  Also, I would imagine that they would only need two cranes going forward since that is all they used for Fury's construction.  It will be interesting to see which one of the three cranes goes first.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

So I'm super curious with Orion's layout having that dip in the ground will they be able to move the cranes to the other side of that fully assembled or will they have to disassemble them to move them first?  Also, I would imagine that they would only need two cranes going forward since that is all they used for Fury's construction.  It will be interesting to see which one of the three cranes goes first.

They have installed pavement that I think is for the cranes to move on.

here is an old webcam pic showing it.

Screenshot (117) 1.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

A little off topic, but I realized something:

Firehawk's old crew went to KMAA. So that means Vortex's old crew will go to Orion

Unless things have changed, that's not how crews work... I'm sure some of Firehawk's old associates went to KMAA, but others were probably dispersed through-out the park. I imagine Orion will have some of Vortex's, but it's not a simple "move crew from one ride to another".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TombraiderTy said:

Unless things have changed, that's not how crews work... I'm sure some of Firehawk's old associates went to KMAA, but others were probably dispersed through-out the park. I imagine Orion will have some of Vortex's, but it's not a simple "move crew from one ride to another".

Employees will request to work on Orion for the year just like they do with Steel Vengeance due to it being the newest best biggest thing in the park. Simply moving the entire Vortex team over wouldn't be fair.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TombraiderTy said:

Unless things have changed, that's not how crews work... I'm sure some of Firehawk's old associates went to KMAA, but others were probably dispersed through-out the park. I imagine Orion will have some of Vortex's, but it's not a simple "move crew from one ride to another".

 

1 minute ago, SnakePlissken said:

Employees will request to work on Orion for the year just like they do with Steel Vengeance due to it being the newest best biggest thing in the park. Simply moving the entire Vortex team over wouldn't be fair.

I see what you are both saying. I was just merely thinking about the crews and stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...