Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Kings Island posted a clip of the topping of Orion on their YouTube:

 

I'm not mad at Kings Island anymore. Glad they gave us this video.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is...

Do you pronounce it:

"Ohhhhhrian"

or

Oarriiiion?
 

LOL - I'm hearing it two different ways!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My niece's name is Ryann.........So i told her when we go to KI i'll ask her.

 

" Oh Ryann do you want to ride Ohriiiion" haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My question is...
Do you pronounce it:
"Ohhhhhrian"
or
Oarriiiion?
 
LOL - I'm hearing it two different ways!

Oh oh oh Riley’s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:


Oh oh oh Riley’s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napa know how? haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Napa know how? haha

Get in the zone. Autozone.
You can do it, we can help. That’s the power of the Home Depot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Construction crews hoisted into place Lift Element #11, a 25,100-pound piece of Orion track, completing the lift hill and highest point of the new coaster.  The massive, 300 ft. drop coaster is on schedule and set to debut in Spring 2020, and will be the tallest and fastest coaster at Kings Island, and one of only 7 giga coasters on the planet, a group of coasters that have a height or drop of 300 – 399 feet.

Additional Information: 

·       Total Weight of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  1,166,000 pounds

·       Total Length of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  792 feetOrion’s steel track was fabricated at Clermont Steel Fabricators, located in Batavia, Ohio.

·       The steel plate used to fabricate Orion track was sourced from NuCor, located in Hertford County, NC

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:


Get in the zone. Autozone.
You can do it, we can help. That’s the power of the Home Depot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance - Geico 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:


Oh oh oh Riley’s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auto parts?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Auto parts?

That's right!

Maybe they now make coaster parts. For your everyday backyard coaster. lol j/k

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Now that we have hit a major milestone in Orion's construction, maybe @JonahWilliamson could use his photoshop magic to fill out the progress?

I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about

Color update 3.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Construction crews hoisted into place Lift Element #11, a 25,100-pound piece of Orion track, completing the lift hill and highest point of the new coaster.  The massive, 300 ft. drop coaster is on schedule and set to debut in Spring 2020, and will be the tallest and fastest coaster at Kings Island, and one of only 7 giga coasters on the planet, a group of coasters that have a height or drop of 300 – 399 feet.

Additional Information: 

·       Total Weight of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  1,166,000 pounds

·       Total Length of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  792 feetOrion’s steel track was fabricated at Clermont Steel Fabricators, located in Batavia, Ohio.

·       The steel plate used to fabricate Orion track was sourced from NuCor, located in Hertford County, NC

 

 

Who filmed this? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about

Color update 3.png

Haha... you clearly know exactly what he’s talking about! 
 

Thanks for keeping us updated!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

My question is...

Do you pronounce it:

"Ohhhhhrian"

or

Oarriiiion?
 

LOL - I'm hearing it two different ways!

It’s “Oh-ryan.” Nobody ever had any trouble pronouncing the constellation, but for some reason now no one can pronounce the coaster name!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone riding in the back row going over that drop: YOU HAVE CHOSEN DEATH!

A couple of questions though. Now that they're done with the drop, will the turnaround go up next? I know the wave turn comes first in the layout, but the turnaround is taller. And are they going to move the webcam so that we can watch the rest of the layout go up?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

Anyone riding in the back row going over that drop: YOU HAVE CHOSEN DEATH!

A couple of questions though. Now that they're done with the drop, will the turnaround go up next? I know the wave turn comes first in the layout, but the turnaround is taller. And are they going to move the webcam so that we can watch the rest of the layout go up?

The webcam has to work first lol

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

Anyone riding in the back row going over that drop: YOU HAVE CHOSEN DEATH!

A couple of questions though. Now that they're done with the drop, will the turnaround go up next? I know the wave turn comes first in the layout, but the turnaround is taller. And are they going to move the webcam so that we can watch the rest of the layout go up?

 

Uhhhhh.... WHAT webcam??? 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha the track looks thicker than Diamondback even though it's waay further away than it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, beastmaster said:

D7218238-0ED2-44F3-8759-D1C0FE75E4F2.jpeg

Great pic! Clearly Diamondback is taller...lol...just kidding. Unless it's an optical illusion this gives a great look at how much steeper the drop for Orion is though. Straight to the back-row for me, thanks!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Haha the track looks thicker than Diamondback even though it's waay further away than it

B&M giga coasters have a much thicker spine on the lift hill and the first half of the drop. That’s how they are able to use a minimal amount of supports on the lift. Kinda like how Intimidator 305 had a double spine on its lift and drop, and it’s only being sported by two large support structures. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even without record setting stats, this ride could end up rivaling all the gigas out there. That hill looks insane. Thanks for everybody that posted pics and vids.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, beastmaster said:

D7218238-0ED2-44F3-8759-D1C0FE75E4F2.jpeg

That's steep! I wonder why they didn't market the steepness of Orion because Intimidator 305 is the only non-launched Giga that matches it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...