Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dan Turner said:

That's steep! I wonder why they didn't market the steepness of Orion because Intimidator 305 is the only non-launched Giga that matches it.

Probably because it’s a really obscure fact that’s hard to market to the general public 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to take picutures yesterday afternoon and yes it is massive.  The structure along makes Diamondback feel small.  Love the first drop and how it bowls and that will produce some serious speed!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Any updates as to the area they are working on next?

I’d imagine they will do both sides at same time, extending left to right, because machines will be close together able to hoist without moving them around if I had to guess 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Klabergian Empire said:

Though I might share this. Anyone think this is alluding to something else?

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 5.21.48 PM.png

I don't think that means anything. Unless KI is looking into the Trex model that can go over 300 feet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Though I might share this. Anyone think this is alluding to something else?

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 5.21.48 PM.png

Maybe they just worded it weird. It would be awesome to have multiple gigas though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Maybe they just worded it weird. It would be awesome to have multiple gigas though.

Yeah. To be honest, I thought the same thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ethancoaster said:

Probably because it’s a really obscure fact that’s hard to market to the general public 

They could have easily thrown "steepest" into the list of park records.

31 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't think that means anything. Unless KI is looking into the Trex model that can go over 300 feet. 

I see a lot of enthusiasts wanting a T-Rex track, but does RMC even offer that anymore? Unless I'm mistaken, they haven't brought that piece of track to IAAPA since 2016 and there's no mention of the ride on their website. Seems like the Raptor track may have replaced it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TombraiderTy said:

They could have easily thrown "steepest" into the list of park records.

I see a lot of enthusiasts wanting a T-Rex track, but does RMC even offer that anymore? Unless I'm mistaken, they haven't brought that piece of track to IAAPA since 2016 and there's no mention of the ride on their website. Seems like the Raptor track may have replaced it.

The Trex is still in development. RMC stated they are looking at selling some raptors before a Trex. They said it at iappa last year.

Source: 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, a steepness mention would've been cool. I also think they shouldn't've given the height of the lift hill. Shouldve just left it at a 300ft drop.

Do we know definitively the drop's angle? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, calakapepe said:

I agree, a steepness mention would've been cool. I also think they shouldn't've given the height of the lift hill. Shouldve just left it at a 300ft drop.

Do we know definitively the drop's angle? 

It’s 85 degrees.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I should've also asked for how we know this. Did I miss an interview?

Edit- but thanks for the number. (Im sure its been said earlier; ive been very busy to read every page)

I was able to find a DaytonDailyNews article using the number.

Im excited to have a near 90° drop at the park finally! I've always yearned for something truly steep at the park. This counts to me!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Sorry, I should've also asked for how we know this. Did I miss an interview?

Edit- but thanks for the number. (Im sure its been said earlier; ive been very busy to read every page)

I was able to find a DaytonDailyNews article using the number.

Im excited to have a near 90° drop at the park finally! I've always yearned for something truly steep at the park. This counts to me!

At least in losing debatably the best drop in the park this year, we will gain a new best drop. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drive past the park to and from work everyday. It's been amazing to watch this coaster being built. That first drop is going to be insane! I got to ride both Fury and Intimidator 305 this past summer.  That drop looks comparable to both of those. I'm beyond happy that we have own own 300 foot drop at last!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bdd127 said:

At least in losing debatably the best drop in the park this year, we will gain a new best drop. 

Congo Falls left?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Are the webcams still down?

No they are not down, they are up

 

on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From looking at the weatherbug this morning I don’t see Zeus... I wonder if he is getting moved or being broken down to be shipped away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

From looking at the weatherbug this morning I don’t see Zeus... I wonder if he is getting moved or being broken down to be shipped away.

I also saw Artemis go down a couple days ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

I hope we get to see the 2nd hill done while WinterFest is going on!  This is going to look awesome!

Well, short of Kings Island hanging a giant shroud over the lift hill/drop, you should be able to see it during Winterfest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how insignificant the ride looks from the front of the park compared to other gigas as It barely looks bigger than DB, but if you go back towards Great Wolf, it looks significantly larger than DB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...