IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

It looks like the temporary support for the lift hill came off this morning! Much earlier in the construction process than the other B&M giga's.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone! Hope all had a good weekend! I can see work starting to pick up at a faster pace with some "decent" weather this week. Wednesday seems to maybe be a wash out though. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OLFOF96 said:

It looks like the temporary support for the lift hill came off this morning! Much earlier in the construction process than the other B&M giga's.

Are you sure?  I think they're both still there, but the angle of the sun is just making them hard to see.

• Like 2

I

2 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Are you sure?  I think they're both still there, but the angle of the sun is just making them hard to see.

I think i am starting to see that they are still there as well.

Will they be using the bottom half of zeus for other construction? There is another cable running off of that bottom half and I think I saw some of those cranes working on fury after the first lift.

Here is the start of the cable running off the second half:  Screenshot (55) 0064.png Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLtyji2M9c

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Will they be using the bottom half of zeus for other construction? There is another cable running off of that bottom half and I think I saw some of those cranes working on fury after the first lift.

Here is the start of the cable running off the second half:  Screenshot (55) 0064.png Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLtyji2M9c

I am going to say they will finish construction with the other cranes they have on site.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

I am going to say they will finish construction with the other cranes they have on site.

I am not sure those 2 cranes and finish the 200 foot turn around?

24 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am not sure those 2 cranes and finish the 200 foot turn around?

They can't.  They will need at least one crane like Zeus or Artemis to do the turnaround.  And probably the overbanked hill, too.

34 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

They can't.  They will need at least one crane like Zeus or Artemis to do the turnaround.  And probably the overbanked hill, too.

That's what I thought. I figure they will just use Zeus since we was just moved today.

• Like 1

They might use the other crane that's still in place. It uses a wheeled base with outriggers instead of crawler tracks, so it could probably be set up anywhere around the course without needing to build up a base pad like for the crawler cranes. Even without the extension boom attached it has some serious reach.

8 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

They might use the other crane that's still in place. It uses a wheeled base with outriggers instead of crawler tracks, so it could probably be set up anywhere around the course without needing to build up a base pad like for the crawler cranes. Even without the extension boom attached it has some serious reach.

Exactly, this crane is more than capable of lifting the those track sections.

23 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I can faintly see them today. Definitely hard to tell with the sunrise.

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

Exactly, this crane is more than capable of lifting the those track sections.

9 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I don't think they can lift the track up over 200 feet.  Maybe I am wrong. They didn't do any of the lift hill past the second support. idk

4 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

^looks nice. I think blue clamshells would have contrasted the black seats well though.

I kind of like it because everything else is blue about Orion pretty much so it adds contrast against the blue track/trains/stations

• Like 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wonder when John Matarese will find out!

Of course you would wonder lol

• Like 2

Love those colors together. I wonder if all the trains will be painted the same, or if there will be variations of the same colors?

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but the theme is obvious with the train colors- 

Bearcats in Spaaaaaaace. B) 

• Haha 2

That is a really cool train. It also screams tribute to Vortex for some reason to me.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I've never been on Leviathan or Fury, but the seats on these trains look different than something like Diamondback.  With Diamondback, the seats are so open and fastened with open metal supports, whereas with these, the seats seem more..."enclosed".  I think I love these trains more than the Diamondback ones.

• Like 1

I've never been on Leviathan or Fury, but the seats on these trains look different than something like Diamondback.  With Diamondback, the seats are so open and fastened with open metal supports, whereas with these, the seats seem more..."enclosed".  I think I love these trains more than the Diamondback ones.

They are like fury’s. They are more enclosed to keep you in on that second hill. If you’re wider, they are a tight fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blue appears to be Daphne Blue and is one of my favorite car/ guitar colors ever!  I have a guitar that is Daphne Blue.  I also just moved into a new house and was surprised when my son chose Daphne as his room color. Daphne appears a little darker than my Daphne Blue guitar though.  Anyway, Daphne and orange with white is so 70s and is used a ton in my house. Needless to say I absolutely, stark-raving LOVE this color scheme!!!! 

• Like 2