IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

1 hour ago, Blue_Onion_Rings said:

Looks like they have started the rise into the kinda-treble-cleft-dive-turn thingy.

CA69841B-363E-4CDA-8F8D-09C146D6B825.png

Yeah, I noticed that a couple days ago. That hill is going to be massive!

• Like 3

Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, Who would have thought back in the decoding thread we would be starting the turn around the week after thanksgiving! Can we get to the helix by Christmas?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Can we get to the helix by Christmas?

I would think that would be the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not seeing any track work at all today, cranes not even moved that I've seen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBN said:

Not seeing any track work at all today, cranes not even moved that I've seen

The weather is pretty miserable here in general. Cold, wet drizzle and dreary... Ive been decorating the lawn with Christmas decorations and its a bogg, I cant image what a swamp that must be back there and how hard it would be to work in it. 

• Like 3

I'm wondering if Monday was just supposed to be an off day, anyway. Also I'm gonna take this moment to reflect on how many times people have asserted the temp lift supports are gone when they're fully still there :P

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aj74205 said:

I'm wondering if Monday was just supposed to be an off day, anyway. Also I'm gonna take this moment to reflect on how many times people have asserted the temp lift supports are gone when they're fully still there :P

I saw people in construction vests wondering around a few times during the day.. walking to and from the turnaround area. Maybe doing some logistical planing.

I hope they're going to replant a bunch of trees around the track and not just leave it in a grass field. The renderings are awesome with all the trees around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

I hope they're going to replant a bunch of trees around the track and not just leave it in a grass field. The renderings are awesome with all the trees around. 

Not likely unfortunately.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jcovelli said:

There is no trees in space. At least that I know of. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whoa its been a minute since i have been on here. I don't see them working today either.

• Like 2

My guess is they are assembling a crawler crane to install the 200 foot turnaround. Putting that together along with the wood platform took a week or two for the drop. I remember earlier there was a Facebook post from the crane company saying they would use one back there.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Beautiful day (cold but SUNNY!) and nothing going on seems like...

Maybe they got the whole week off?

The lot where they all park is full so doesn’t look like they have the week off. Fingers crossed we get to see some more track go up this week but not looking likely.

• Like 2

Looks like T-Bone is being guided back to where they are currently working. Maybe they will start working at the lower levels of the turnaround tomorrow?

• Like 2

My guess is they are assembling a crawler crane to install the 200 foot turnaround. Putting that together along with the wood platform took a week or two for the drop. I remember earlier there was a Facebook post from the crane company saying they would use one back there.

What is the crane companies name so I can look on FB about any info? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1