IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

From what I can (barely) see, it looks like they're doing some work back there today.  Now if the sun glare will just go away, maybe we can see what it actually is.....

• Like 1

It's likely Racer's turnaround just getting in the way of the picture, but there are times where I glance at it and it looks like the drop off the first turn goes underground. Most likely doesn't though.

• Like 1

ENHANCE 

*zooms in* 

I was really hoping for some surprises with this coaster like maybe a lit up tunnel, or some section to be partially undergound, maybe install some water feature around the first drop, just any surprise that wasnt shown in the promo footage wouldve been pretty cool 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeastieFanatic said:

ENHANCE 

*zooms in* 

I was really hoping for some surprises with this coaster like maybe a lit up tunnel, or some section to be partially undergound, maybe install some water feature around the first drop, just any surprise that wasnt shown in the promo footage wouldve been pretty cool 

They could still do an above ground tunnel like Leviathan. In fact we should try to make it happen. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

It looks like the next support is going up.

Pretty soon, track will go up as well. 

8 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It looks like some track has already gone up.

Yeah, it does look like we have more track up. I'm hoping we could get another support up today.

Screenshot (98).png

• Like 4

Does it seem weird to anyone else that they still have that large crane just sitting in front of the lift hill still?  I feel like if they are going to use it again they would move it for the turnaround since it is 202' or are they just waiting to dismantle it until they wrap back around?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

Does it seem weird to anyone else that they still have that large crane just sitting in front of the lift hill still?  I feel like if they are going to use it again they would move it for the turnaround since it is 202' or are they just waiting to dismantle it until they wrap back around?

I have a feeling it’s going to be used to load the lift chain

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pkiridesmaint said:

I have a feeling it’s going to be used to load the lift chain

Could it also be used as a temporary Aviation warning light ? Orion seems to be covered in near complete darkness at night.  (Assuming one will be installed like the other Gigas).

• Like 1

Happy Friday everyone! Looks like plenty of work being done putting up the next support and maybe some more removal of wood from under the lift.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

What’s going on at The Racer what are they hiding under that tarp

I would imagine just some basic maintenance, and they want to stay dry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legofan237 said:

Do you think the turn around will be complete by next week?

I would say end of next week or beginning of the week after.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nova said:

What’s going on at The Racer what are they hiding under that tarp

This is normal practice, they close in where they are doing extended work to stay warm and out of the elements. They’ve been doing this for years 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They could still do an above ground tunnel like Leviathan. In fact we should try to make it happen. 

I would enclose the lift hill like Hulk. Then when you emerge for the first drop, you’re like “Holy hell we’re up high!” They could add some space-themed lighting in there and dramatic music, with the voice-over guy from FOF saying something like “follow our path across the cosmos”

• Like 1

So, the huge empty space where FH used to turn into the station, there wasn't anything in that location in the blue prints right?
I just realized that's gonna be a huge empty space lol

• Like 1

Okay so watched the Wildgravitytravels video and took some screen shots. Things of note...

They have taken a large hill and trees out along the right side of the entrance to area 72. Could we possibly see bathrooms here?! Honestly think this is a possibility.
4253f500245d9125ee9a4f7f3f58a4cc.jpg
They have removed the concrete in front of FoF entrance. Not sure why.
191387a0aef1a97a1f60d168475a46ad.jpg
They have extended FoF que structure as seen in the blueprints.
afd6e18a30f7ac23f3cd97f5a5c83dbd.jpg
Here is an overhead google maps showing the cleared land and area of the extended que.
f43239c73f75b5c651a0b90eabe01954.jpg
I’m most curious about that cleared land space as it’s not on the blueprints and we have no indication what it might be. Things are coming along nicely! Here is wildgravitytravels video

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2