Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

I hope it's restrooms, but part of me is thinking not. Restrooms need a good amount of planning because it requires a bunch of things. On the other hand, I could see maybe an expanded plaza with seating similar to Banshee's and maybe build a small food stand to replace the current one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not positive this would fit there, but maybe it could be a flat ride. Carowinds did the same thing with Copperhead Strike by announcing the rollercoaster in August and the Mountain Gliders (from Kings Island) later on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Driver8rws said:

Doesn't the "station" seem incredibly small?   

Is that all of it?  Just the one "hangar" shape? 

Most giga stations aren’t that big (considering how the trains aren’t particularly long). Also it doesn’t really need to be wide considering there will almost certainly be a ride separator keeping the number of people in the station limited.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only 8 rows per train on Orion, just like on Banshee.  The trains aren’t long with many rows like Diamondback (16), The Beast (18), Mystic Timbers (12), Vortex (14) and The Racer (15).  Simply put, it doesn’t need a long station.

Edit:  And to add to this, the smaller station and smaller trains are going to give the perception that this ride is bigger than it already is.  The trains on the lift hill will look tiny, and the brake run will look massive compared to the station (lol)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Better picture of the mysterious cleared land from wild gravity travels. Note flag markers are present.c7b6952722672292d9ad2484f76206aa.jpg

I saw stakes on the last day the park was open in October before all this happened..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine donated some of their pictures to KIC from the tour yesterday. 

20191207_103406.jpg

 

20191207_102550.jpg

 

20191207_103403.jpg

 

20191207_101343.jpg

 

20191207_101346.jpg

 

20191207_101340.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

You've been waiting for this for so long, but it will be a restroom in AREA 72

Has to be. What else would they have marked like that this early? Can't think of anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

There are only 8 rows per train on Orion, just like on Banshee.  The trains aren’t long with many rows like Diamondback (16), The Beast (18), Mystic Timbers (12), Vortex (14) and The Racer (15).  Simply put, it doesn’t need a long station.

 

 

Yea... I guess so. 

I've ridden the 4 other Cedar Fair gigas and the Orion station just seems smaller.  Maybe it's just the pictures and how BIG everything else around it is... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

You've been waiting for this for so long, but it will be a restroom in AREA 72

I am not completely sure if I want the park to put restrooms there. It may just be me, but I don't know if i want bathrooms to be the first thing I see when walking into a newly themed area. A small restaurant or an Area 72 souvenir shop would be a better thing to put there in my opinion. A flat ride, if it could fit, would be even better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember seeing something about a “prop building” which the queue went through on the blueprints. I couldn’t find the original post. Does anyone remember this? Has anyone heard anything?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I remember seeing something about a “prop building” which the queue went through on the blueprints. I couldn’t find the original post. Does anyone remember this? Has anyone heard anything?

Yes, there was a building labeled “Quonset building” and “prop building” on the blueprints, and you can see it on the virtual POV. I haven’t heard anything more specific about it, but I do know generally speaking the ride will be pretty heavily themed. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my 11yo a bit of construction or Area 72 can be seen while riding Zephyr, I'm just taking her word for it because I can't do dethaw quickly enough to ride. And of all things she was most excited to see during Winterfest this weekend was.... a Skyhigh Coasters truck in our hotel parking lot :lol:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

d64ad49ab47015db1cf65c3837684942.jpg

Soo kinda on topic, but going through Facebook memories, and I did a little edit to Diamondback. Who would knew that I picked out Orion’s future colors


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

d64ad49ab47015db1cf65c3837684942.jpg

Soo kinda on topic, but going through Facebook memories, and I did a little edit to Diamondback. Who would knew that I picked out Orion’s future colors emoji2371.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Yes, there was a building labeled “Quonset building” and “prop building” on the blueprints, and you can see it on the virtual POV. I haven’t heard anything more specific about it, but I do know generally speaking the ride will be pretty heavily themed. 

That is interesting! Where did you hear that it was going to be heavily themed? I know people have speculated on that, but there wasn’t much word from the park as far as theming goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be realistic to expect something a little less heavy than 'the shed' for Orion. But, to expect it only in the line in that building before the stairs. I will be surprised if anything os notable in the station, let alone the actual ride beyond some audio.

I would guess some sort of 'debriefing' sort of environment, talking about the impending meteor, thanking us for volunteering etc. 

I hope anyways. It'd be nice to bring show room queues back to the island :p

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

I think it would be realistic to expect something a little less heavy than 'the shed' for Orion. But, to expect it only in the line in that building before the stairs. I will be surprised if anything os notable in the station, let alone the actual ride beyond some audio.

I would guess some sort of 'debriefing' sort of environment, talking about the impending meteor, thanking us for volunteering etc. 

I hope anyways. It'd be nice to bring show room queues back to the island :p

I agree with you 300%. A roller coaster is a ride. A roller coaster with a story is an experience. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that the old Firehawk photo booth is still standing.  I wonder if any theming will be applied to it/in it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I find it interesting that the old Firehawk photo booth is still standing.  I wonder if any theming will be applied to it/in it.

It’s in the reveal video, it will stay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I find it interesting that the old Firehawk photo booth is still standing.  I wonder if any theming will be applied to it/in it.

The area behind the counter and the counter itself is gutted. I would say there will be something interesting in there, especially since it will be used as the entrance.

A20CFBBD-88DC-4169-9BBB-495559A374D6.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It never really occurred to me how close Orion's turnaround gets to The Beast until I noticed (if I am assuming correctly) The Beast's covered track right there.  Hopefully the small amount of trees between the two will be able to keep The Beast feeling secluded.

Also, it looks they have the next support assembled and ready to go up whether that be today or tomorrow.OrionBeast.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is going to happen to the fireworks launch area?  I would assume they would need to close the Orion as fireworks are being set up. Not sure it's good to have your star attraction close for 15 minutes every evening. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...