IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

16 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

It’s possible it wasn’t lining up, if that was the case they’ll probably just try again with a different temperature or adjust the base by a few degrees. 

You do realize that’s not how it actually works right?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AZ Kinda Guy said:

You do realize that’s not how it actually works right?

For Yukon Striker they adjusted the supports by a degree or so that the track would fit.

• Like 1

I found this video from Coaster Clubs Unite where they get some beautiful zoomed in shots of Orion from the tour.

• Like 3

While driving to Winterfest last night, I noticed that Orion and Diamondback look like dueling coasters from a distance as the track seems to mimic each other.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

While driving to Winterfest last night, I noticed that Orion and Diamondback look like dueling coasters from a distance as the track seems to mimic each other.

Heading east on Western Row Rd there's a spot were they match up almost perfectly. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jcovelli said:

Heading east on Western Row Rd there's a spot were they match up almost perfectly. 

I’ve seen that view too. Once you make the turn it looks like a poorly drawn mountain range. :D

• Haha 2

On 12/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Waltny said:

@JonahWilliamson You going to procam in Amelia? That in itself is a little jaunt from the park and the traffic should be somewhat manageable back to the park by then. Are you coming down 71 to 275 to 32 to get there? You may hit traffic that way and add about 30 mins for cutting across Columbus on 71. The closer you get the south end of town the worse it will get. Last stupid question, why not go to Midwest photo which is a slight detour there in Columbus? Anyhow, safe travels and hope you enjoy the time. 

Hey thanks for keeping an eye out for me, cool having other enthusiasts help me out! I went to Procam because I know the owner and always told myself when I buy my camera I'm getting it in Cincy, didnt want to spend that money for a box in the mail wanted to go into a store lol. 

Anyways. ORION, anyone who hasnt seen it yet. When people say on here pictures dont do it justice. They really really dont. It's huge, very very steep. Gives Diamondbacks drop a bloated look. The coaster is definitely menacing. 

• Like 4

I'd be curious to hear other peoples' thoughts on this. The redesign is definitely possible (not do it now-wise, but within-budget-wise) and it looks pretty great, but he makes a good point at the end about how intensity isn't always favored by the GP. Interesting video overall.

• Like 4

I think an extra thousand feet of length that would’ve allowed it to explore and utilize the topography east of the dinasaurs alive path could’ve made this ride the best in the world. Unfortunately steel prices and construction costs are very high right now and I don’t feel like waiting through a recession for KI to get it’s giga so I’m happy with what we’re getting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we may have gotten our answer about why the support wasn't put together on Friday.  Looks like they got an extra boom piece put on the end of the third crane to make it taller.  Seems like they might be putting up the support now as well.

ExtraBoom.JPG

• Like 6

I was just about to say I think they are putting the tallest support for the turn-around back in right now. I can’t believe they’re working in this weather but glad that appears to be fixed!

1 minute ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

I think we may have gotten our answer about why the support wasn't put together on Friday.  Looks like they got an extra boom piece put on the end of the third crane to make it taller.  Seems like they might be putting up the support now as well.

ExtraBoom.JPG

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

I was just about to say I think they are putting the tallest support for the turn-around back in right now. I can’t believe they’re working in this weather but glad that appears to be fixed!

I believe I remember the year Banshee was being built, we had a harsh winter and the workers worked through it. Including in the bitter cold and snowy weather.

• Like 5

I wonder how much it costed to bring that support down and then put it back up. Like its's probably pennies to the project but maybe 100-200 bucks like if you added up workers and crane use. Literally not a big deal just wonder if that's a thing. Anyone know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kodistict said:

If you look at the weatherbug cam, it looks like the tallest support is finished!

Screenshot (123).png

I cant wait to see what replaces The Vortex.  The skyline looks amazing with it.  

• Like 4