Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Kodistict said:

If you look at the weatherbug cam, it looks like the tallest support is finished!

Screenshot (123).png

I cant wait to see what replaces The Vortex.  The skyline looks amazing with it.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Watch them replace it with a Forbidden Frontier type attraction lol jk.

I would happy with a Coke Freestyle stand.  Not Kidding.  :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to burst you bubble, but I could see that happening. Kings Island may not have as many coasters as Canada’s wonderland, but it still gets the better attractions, and I could see it get a Forbidden Frontier like area. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Hate to burst you bubble, but I could see that happening. Kings Island may not have as many coasters as Canada’s wonderland, but it still gets the better attractions, and I could see it get a Forbidden Frontier like area. 

I actually don’t think you are bursting @Hawaiian Coasters 325 Bubble. In another post they mentioned how it would be a great addition. I agree I think it would be a great addition. I would rather have a coaster in The Vortex spot but from a location stand point it would be perfect for a forbidden frontier attraction with a playground, restaurant and maybe even a flat ride. That would also help keep The Beast secluded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely think a Forbidden Frontier type attraction should come in the next few years. I don't know about The Vortex area though, but I'm not ruling out that area. 

I would love to see a Forbidden Frontier type attraction, just not in The Vortex pit. Put it closer to Kiddie land, maybe take out the picnic grove and put it in its place.  It would give  the wild west stuff from the train much better themeing and revitalize that area.  CP Forbidden Frontier is nice as it is in a quiet area of the park which allows the parents a chance to relax, and lets the kids have fun with out all the extra stimulus.  The Vortex pit would be the exact opposite of this and would be a huge failure IMHO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

I would love to see a Forbidden Frontier type attraction, just not in The Vortex pit. Put it closer to Kiddie land, maybe take out the picnic grove and put it in its place.  It would give  the wild west stuff from the train much better themeing and revitalize that area.  CP Forbidden Frontier is nice as it is in a quiet area of the park which allows the parents a chance to relax, and lets the kids have fun with out all the extra stimulus.  The Vortex pit would be the exact opposite of this and would be a huge failure IMHO.

Plus it would be along the walk to Soak City. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PilotDude said:

CP Forbidden Frontier is nice as it is in a quiet area of the park which allows the parents a chance to relax, and lets the kids have fun with out all the extra stimulus.  The Vortex pit would be the exact opposite of this and would be a huge failure IMHO.

So while relaxing on the hammock you never noticed that screaming giga overhead called Millennium Force?  
 

I guess if KI used Intamin instead of B&M there wouldn’t be noise complaints?
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Thats a great idea! Put it over there. Or put it behind the petting zoo and expand a lil bit of Planet Snoopy

Don't expand Planet Snoopy. Paramount did that once already at the expense of Rivertown. Planet Snoopy is big enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Don't expand Planet Snoopy. Paramount did that once already at the expense of Rivertown. Planet Snoopy is big enough.

Expand it towards Soak City not into river town again. Yea I wonder when they rip that log ride out and put a flat in. Wish Kings Island had a bigger log ride

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides the cold temps tomorrow looks like it should be a good rest of the week weather wise to hopefully get the turnaround finished before Christmas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Why is it important to finish the turnaround before Christmas?

I don't think it's important I just like to see the coaster being built...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like most of the snow at the Orion construction site has melted, so that might make construction easier I guess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That is a good question maybe a construction worker could answer.  Which is better?  Working in snow or the mud after the snow melts?

When I was a full timer at Kings Island, I watched Banshee get built, and they would always use flame throwers to melt areas they are working in, mainly on footings


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Don't expand Planet Snoopy. Paramount did that once already at the expense of Rivertown. Planet Snoopy is big enough.

Says a coaster enthusiast. My 6 year old son has seen very little change in the area and he's not quite ready for the bigger rides. I wish they would add smaller kids rides in other sections of the park. So we don't have to walk all the way across the park for him to enjoy some rides

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:


When I was a full timer at Kings Island, I watched Banshee get built, and they would always use flame throwers to melt areas they are working in, mainly on footings


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flame Throwers?  Really?   My high school guidance counselor didn't tell me construction workers got to use flame throwers.  I am questioning my life choices right now.  :unsure:

25 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Says a coaster enthusiast. My 6 year old son has seen very little change in the area and he's not quite ready for the bigger rides. I wish they would add smaller kids rides in other sections of the park. So we don't have to walk all the way across the park for him to enjoy some rides

 

Its called a Shoulder Ride and only has a station wait.:D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flame Throwers?  Really?   My high school guidance counselor didn't tell me construction workers got to use flame throwers.  I am questioning my life choices right now.

There’s an episode of build it bigger, where they are building a coaster and they show them doing it as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

That is a good question maybe a construction worker could answer.  Which is better?  Working in snow or the mud after the snow melts?

Turns out this interview from when Banshee was being built sorta talks about it:

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatguyfromohio said:

... they would always use flame throwers to melt areas they are working in, mainly on footings...

All I see is this:

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 3.23.45 PM.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...