Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

I don't see the crane with the yellow base. I'm guessing that they're removing the extension off the top since it's not really needed anymore. The tallest hill from this point is 147'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The track profile can be seen nicely now with the cranes out of the way.

Here is the next support...

6FAC9BA5-A308-488B-A03F-1EBC59E5E6BD.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Waltny said:

The track profile can be seen nicely now with the cranes out of the way.

Here is the next support...

6FAC9BA5-A308-488B-A03F-1EBC59E5E6BD.jpeg

Your photos are amazing, thank you for sharing with us! It's nice seeing these HD pics. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Your photos are amazing, thank you for sharing with us! It's nice seeing these HD pics. 

Thanks! I’m overall enjoying the process, or maybe it’s just the satisfaction after the thrill of the hunt is over. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

That turnaround looks to be pretty similar to what Diamondback.

Not all that similar, and nearly twice the size. This is almost closer to a dive loop, but doesn't start to bank significantly until well over 100' up.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

That turnaround looks to be pretty similar to what Diamondback.

No way, Diamondback doesn’t have that parabolic arching in the way that Orion does. If that first hill doesn’t provide sideways airtime, this one will unquestionably provide it in spades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its raining hard enough.... i think they will stop working today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some hands just reached out and cleaned the cam off! But it's really foggy out now...

Edit: They just moved the cam to not show Vortex anymore... RIP

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam has moved back to lift hill. Vortex must be not long for this world.

Capture.PNG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting moving it now, not that one can really see much of anything on it unless we have near perfect conditions. 

I wonder if there is a liability issue of some kind with having the webcam on Vortex during the tear down(while I’m at it, I’m beginning to think there is something in mind for that spot sooner than later, otherwise why the rush. Especially if it wasn’t planned...) 

As for the here and now, all the weather apps had the weather wrong and I’ll swing by about 1230ish to see if anything has happened. If they are working, they usually come back from lunch about 1-1:30 at the latest. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Cam has moved back to lift hill. Vortex must be not long for this world.

Capture.PNG

At least we can see Flight of Fear now and what they are doing with the theming of the area.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KIguy2004 said:

At least we can see Flight of Fear now and what they are doing with the theming of the area.

It’s nice to be able to see Orion’s station again too. The new view is probably for the better because it would be hard to watch The Vortex being taken down...that still doesn’t seem real.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

Some hands just reached out and cleaned the cam off! But it's really foggy out now...

Edit: They just moved the cam to not show Vortex anymore... RIP

You can still see a lot of Vortex on the Diamondback cam...(unless I just caused them to go back up and move it). 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

You can still see a lot of Vortex on the Diamondback cam...(unless I just caused them to go back up and move it). 

As of me posting this you are correct that you can see some of Vortex at the top left corner...

I will say the angle they moved the camera to is pretty sweet. It's the first time we can see how far Orion spans from brake run to turnaround.

Orion.JPG

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will move the DB cam just for that reason. It would be the first time that came has been moved in god knows how long lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 more pieces of track to peak of speed hill and roughly 74 more track sections  to finish they need around 3 a day to be done by Feb. 1st.  Any one know if Vegas is taking over under bets on this. I still can’t believe how fast they can build huge structures like this in such short time

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nova said:

15 more pieces of track to peak of speed hill and roughly 74 more track sections  to finish they need around 3 a day to be done by Feb. 1st.  Any one know if Vegas is taking over under bets on this. I still can’t believe how fast they can build huge structures like this in such short time

The ride is big yes but there really aren't as many supports as some of the older rides have. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nova said:

15 more pieces of track to peak of speed hill and roughly 74 more track sections  to finish they need around 3 a day to be done by Feb. 1st.  Any one know if Vegas is taking over under bets on this. I still can’t believe how fast they can build huge structures like this in such short time

Not me... I think there may be a slight delay once they go into the speed hill as its goes back underneath the structure and I think both cranes will still be on the west side(both on The Beast side). Im guessing the speed hill will go in fast with the supports in place and then it becomes a race against weather and how fast they want to go. Ive seen 2 of the smaller pieces on the wavehill go up in 1.5 hr and one of those days they dropped in 6 in a day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol they way it looks from just on the webcam seems like a coaster  going 91 mph would complete that circuit in about 30 seconds lol 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Lol they way it looks from just on the webcam seems like a coaster  going 91 mph would complete that circuit in about 30 seconds lol 

True, but the coaster would be tiiiiiny on that lift hill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idk its just. Its just my eyes. I feel like it looks like a very short about of track for a train going 91mph to traverse lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did we ever find any speakers that would be in the queue from the blueprints? It would be neat if Orion had its own soundtrack like how Mystic Timbers does.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fishely said:

Did we ever find any speakers that would be in the queue from the blueprints? It would be neat if Orion had its own soundtrack like how Mystic Timbers does.

I've posted this before, but I think it would be nice if Orion had a similar soundtrack to this:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to seeing Orion constructed to completion!  Glad to have the fully focused cam back.

(Vortex is done, take the pity party over to the other thread).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...