Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

51 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Your photos are amazing, thank you for sharing with us! It's nice seeing these HD pics. 

Thanks! I’m overall enjoying the process, or maybe it’s just the satisfaction after the thrill of the hunt is over. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

That turnaround looks to be pretty similar to what Diamondback.

Not all that similar, and nearly twice the size. This is almost closer to a dive loop, but doesn't start to bank significantly until well over 100' up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

That turnaround looks to be pretty similar to what Diamondback.

No way, Diamondback doesn’t have that parabolic arching in the way that Orion does. If that first hill doesn’t provide sideways airtime, this one will unquestionably provide it in spades.

• Like 1

Interesting moving it now, not that one can really see much of anything on it unless we have near perfect conditions. 

I wonder if there is a liability issue of some kind with having the webcam on Vortex during the tear down(while I’m at it, I’m beginning to think there is something in mind for that spot sooner than later, otherwise why the rush. Especially if it wasn’t planned...) 

As for the here and now, all the weather apps had the weather wrong and I’ll swing by about 1230ish to see if anything has happened. If they are working, they usually come back from lunch about 1-1:30 at the latest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

Some hands just reached out and cleaned the cam off! But it's really foggy out now...

Edit: They just moved the cam to not show Vortex anymore... RIP

You can still see a lot of Vortex on the Diamondback cam...(unless I just caused them to go back up and move it). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

You can still see a lot of Vortex on the Diamondback cam...(unless I just caused them to go back up and move it). 

As of me posting this you are correct that you can see some of Vortex at the top left corner...

I will say the angle they moved the camera to is pretty sweet. It's the first time we can see how far Orion spans from brake run to turnaround.

Orion.JPG

• Like 10

15 more pieces of track to peak of speed hill and roughly 74 more track sections  to finish they need around 3 a day to be done by Feb. 1st.  Any one know if Vegas is taking over under bets on this. I still can’t believe how fast they can build huge structures like this in such short time

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

15 more pieces of track to peak of speed hill and roughly 74 more track sections  to finish they need around 3 a day to be done by Feb. 1st.  Any one know if Vegas is taking over under bets on this. I still can’t believe how fast they can build huge structures like this in such short time

The ride is big yes but there really aren't as many supports as some of the older rides have. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Not me... I think there may be a slight delay once they go into the speed hill as its goes back underneath the structure and I think both cranes will still be on the west side(both on The Beast side). Im guessing the speed hill will go in fast with the supports in place and then it becomes a race against weather and how fast they want to go. Ive seen 2 of the smaller pieces on the wavehill go up in 1.5 hr and one of those days they dropped in 6 in a day.

• Like 2