IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there just 1 crane on it? From what I can see on the webcam, it appears that they've picked it up with 1 crane. These dudes know what they're doing if they can pick it up in the exact spot on the track to get the exact angle they need to install it!! 

• Like 1

Looking at where they are this morning and the forecast, they should be well in to going up the helix by tomorrow evening. The next few sections are ground level and the first support heading back up is already in place.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there just 1 crane on it? From what I can see on the webcam, it appears that they've picked it up with 1 crane. These dudes know what they're doing if they can pick it up in the exact spot on the track to get the exact angle they need to install it!! 

You are correct.  They are very good at what they do.  Cleo is in the process of moving over toward the helix.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Back when I lived in Indiana, we hardly ever had Good Friday off because we had snow days to make up.

Luckily it's labeled as out 3rd snow day make up here, hopefully it doesn't go that far.

8 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Do you have a source? I have searched everywhere and cant find that.

Snake, I could have sworn I saw an invite from the park on Facebook and I thought I saw it on here as well. I can sadly no longer find it either. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Most of the track, if not all has had just one crane lifting the support. To watch it live in person is really amazing as they slide the track or support piece up and on better than some people do with their car in a parking space... Anyhow, I havent seen an SNFU's  or readjustments and Ive seen quite a bit of it going in. 

4 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Snake, I could have sworn I saw an invite from the park on Facebook and I thought I saw it on here as well. I can sadly no longer find it either. 

Rumor is they were sent out messages from Don to remove them or he would have Facebook do it for him. 

Sorry for the double post, I though my other reply was further up the line but with the active posting Im not further down the list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Back when I lived in Indiana, we hardly ever had Good Friday off because we had snow days to make up.

45 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Luckily it's labeled as out 3rd snow day make up here, hopefully it doesn't go that far.

St. Louis which is heavily Catholic would never have considered it.  School year or school day would have been extended instead. 

Speaking of holidays, who is for making Super Monday a national holiday?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Rumor is they were sent out messages from Don to remove them or he would have Facebook do it for him. 

Sorry for the double post, I though my other reply was further up the line but with the active posting Im not further down the list. 

The parks hours are released at 3pm today. We will know for sure then.

• Like 1

View from the cam makes it seem like God is coming down to view Orion's progress lol

• Like 2

Track on a semi heading back to the helix area.

Also next piece of track being installed currently.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

View from the cam makes it seem like God is coming down to view Orin's progress lol

Don't know who Orin is, but Orion is looking pretty good right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Oh you don't know who Orin is? Im sorry!

He likes picking on people. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Don't know who Orin is, but Orion is looking pretty good right now.

The name given to the blind astronauts baby in the movie Deep Impact... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I mean they still have a straight section to do before helix. 

Also seems to be work being done to station roof.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I wonder what the entrance will look like. I hope the make it a Banshee type of appearance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Those are not the same crews, so that work should be able to happen independently of each other.

27 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Those are not the same crews, so that work should be able to happen independently of each other.

Yeah i was just stating there was work being done. There is something black on the station roof.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah i was just stating there was work being done. There is something black on the station roof.

I wonder if the underside of the roof will be planetarium style with the Orion constellation on it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Waltny said:

I wonder if the underside of the roof will be planetarium style with the Orion constellation on it. 

I don't know. It would me kinda tough to do that during the day, but I would like to see some nice LED's in the station and queue like Banshee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I wonder what the entrance will look like. I hope the make it a Banshee type of appearance.

It sort of shows this in the announcement video, but i'm not sure if this will be the actual entrance.

Screenshot (128).png

• Like 3

Just now, Kodistict said:

It sort of shows this in the announcement video, but i'm not sure if this will be the actual entrance.

Screenshot (128).png

That's kind of oof.

• Like 6