Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

Next piece of helix going in right now. Should take it above tree line now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Next piece of helix going in right now. Should take it above tree line now.

Yep, right here

Orion construction1.21 2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gad198 said:

I must admit that the posts I look forward to the most in this forum are the pictures that Waltny provides.  In many ways these are better than the pictures the park provides through their blog posts because it gives a better sense of perspective as to just how large these elements are.  Great work!

I got a chance to drive by the park this past weekend.  These elements are much taller than I realized.  The large airtime hill is right in between the height of Diamondback's third and fourth hills.  The top of the helix is only a few feet shorter than Diamondback's fourth hill.  This ride is really impressive against the skyline now.  B&M hypers are the most picturesque coasters in the world, and it's still in many ways difficult to comprehend that Kings Island now has two.    

Where does it say that Ki has two Hypers? I see one Hyper and one Giga? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ohio Coaster Boy 19 said:

Where does it say that Ki has two Hypers? I see one Hyper and one Giga? 

He is making a joke. Orion's height is 287 feet tall. But it has a 300 ft drop. It is SO close to being a hyper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ohio Coaster Boy 19 said:

Where does it say that Ki has two Hypers? I see one Hyper and one Giga? 

 

Just now, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

He is making a joke. Orion's height is 287 feet tall. But it has a 300 ft drop. It is SO close to being a hyper.

It's not a joke it's factual. 

B&M doesn't sell a model of coaster called "Giga Coaster".  The three gigas they have created are all the "Hyper Coaster" model, but they have the stats of a coaster type that Intamin created which is what we call the "Giga Coaster".

Here is B&M's website and you can see the coaster models that they sell. https://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Also, you can check Fury 325's rcdb page and see it is classified as a "Hyper Coaster" as its model.

https://rcdb.com/12273.htm

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

 

It's not a joke it's factual. 

B&M doesn't sell a model of coaster called "Giga Coaster".  The three gigas they have created are all the "Hyper Coaster" model, but they have the stats of a coaster type that Intamin created which is what we call the "Giga Coaster".

Here is B&M's website and you can see the coaster models that they sell. https://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Also, you can check Fury 325's rcdb page and see it is classified as a "Hyper Coaster" as its model.

https://rcdb.com/12273.htm

Oh right, I forgot about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really talking bout this again. GIGA is a made up term. GIGA was created in an office with Cedar Point and intamins reps in a meeting back in 1998. Nobody sells a GIGA. Everybody just slaps a title on it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

We really talking bout this again. GIGA is a made up term. GIGA was created in an office with Cedar Point and intamins reps in a meeting back in 1998. Nobody sells a GIGA. Everybody just slaps a title on it. 

Its the equivalent of saying Wendy's doesn't sell bacon cheeseburgers, only Baconators. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

897ce8ca87fe69762735eb4782d88d9b.jpg

Looks to possibly removing the support arms on the lift hill


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the ground you can see the crane connecting to another piece of track! Those supports are staying for now lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:


Looks to possibly removing the support arms on the lift hill


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, it's attached to a harness for a piece of track:

 

Untitled.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nope, it's attached to a harness for a piece of track:
 
Untitled.thumb.png.d2942da931345282ce923e6d18f2d2eb.png

As you see above, it’s already been mentioned sorry hard to see on 240p cameras.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legofan237 said:

Yep, right here

Orion construction1.21 2.png

Not yet. Next piece for sure as this one is hid behind the brakerun from the usual angle. 

1 hour ago, gad198 said:

I must admit that the posts I look forward to the most in this forum are the pictures that Waltny provides.  In many ways these are better than the pictures the park provides through their blog posts because it gives a better sense of perspective as to just how large these elements are.  Great work!

I got a chance to drive by the park this past weekend.  These elements are much taller than I realized.  The large airtime hill is right in between the height of Diamondback's third and fourth hills.  The top of the helix is only a few feet shorter than Diamondback's fourth hill.  This ride is really impressive against the skyline now.  B&M hypers are the most picturesque coasters in the world, and it's still in many ways difficult to comprehend that Kings Island now has two.    

Thank you sir for the kind words. Its amazing the reactions Ive been garnering on this endeavor. A lot of praise to short of people wishing the worst on me. Such is life and Ill keep on keeping on as Ive become apologist #1 for Orion by default.  
Also added for your viewing pleasure(or not) is that next piece of track. The next piece is going to have to be long(like first piece of airtime hill after that apex long) to span the gap that is currently between the last piece of track and support.

36081785-5AD2-45B6-80CA-CABE02D29ABF.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Also added for your viewing pleasure(or not) is that next piece of track. The next piece is going to have to be long(like first piece of airtime hill after that apex long) to span the gap that is currently between the last piece of track and support.

36081785-5AD2-45B6-80CA-CABE02D29ABF.jpeg

Really? My eyes may be deceiving me, because it only has to go this far to reach the next support. Maybe it's just the perspective that's throwing me off.

36081785-5AD2-45B6-80CA-CABE02D29ABF.thumb.jpeg.6c506500061e0d37784ef305f87de644.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next piece is ready to go! It is hoovering right off the ground at the moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing all those tiny people walk around sure puts things into perspective

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Really? My eyes may be deceiving me, because it only has to go this far to reach the next support. Maybe it's just the perspective that's throwing me off.

36081785-5AD2-45B6-80CA-CABE02D29ABF.thumb.jpeg.6c506500061e0d37784ef305f87de644.jpeg

You  maybe right and I’m wrong. It’s fairly goofy to look at from these angles.  So it may still be another full piece before we go above the tree line.

 

I saw that one along with  how it looks smaller and quickly rationalized that somehow it was on the way out of the helix

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the gap is that wife to the next support.

^^ haha picture makes it look like they are installing a cable lift on DB lol

Also what is a " Chain Track Pieces" ? lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to double post, Track seems to be on its way up!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a very large section of track going up right now! It has to be 3 pieces of assembled track. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

That’s a very large section of track going up right now! It has to be 3 pieces of assembled track. 

If I had to guess, I'd say 2 pieces.  Have we seen them raise 3 at a single time with only one crane?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree i think 2 sections of track for that section.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If they are in fact adding a food stand, I hope they will at least add some additional seating too. Also, in the article it mentions theming elements. 

Yes, they are adding a food stand and it will be themed to fit with the area. I don't know about seating. Orion and Area 72 will be quite heavily themed. One of Mike Koontz's visions for Kings Island is to bring back theming and charm.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Yes, they are adding a food stand and it will be themed to fit with the area. I don't know about seating. Orion and Area 72 will be quite heavily themed. One of Mike Koontz's visions for Kings Island is to bring back theming and charm.

That's great to hear. Imo if they don't do seating that will imo take away from the food stand. Imo if you build a food stand, you have to have an area where people can sit near the food stand and be able to eat the food. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...