Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Just now, LintemuthStudios said:

The helix looks much more intense than I was expecting. Didn't the animation have the top sort of leveling out a bit? It doesn't look like it does that here.

Animations are animations. Remember Twisted Cyclone? They ended up adding more elements than planned. The helix might not be that sort of leveling you saw. Heck, we don't know if they will add more elements or not! (That will 99.9999% won't happen though.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

I was wondering that too. I saw that about 3 or 4 days ago but thought it would be strange if they had the trains just sitting out like that.

I’m sure the trains are under lock and key away from where an eagle eyed enthusiasts might spot it with the webcam. I’d also guess they want to keep them nice for media to take pictures of when they finally get mounted on the track. 

Also here is that from behind shot of the helix. 

4A332433-DE48-40C1-BE2F-7F4A196687EC.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

The helix looks much more intense than I was expecting. Didn't the animation have the top sort of leveling out a bit? It doesn't look like it does that here.

I was also surprised how high up the helix is off the ground. It doesn’t look as y’all in the layout so that was a pleasant surprise. 

1 minute ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Probably doing track work or work on the emergency lift/anti-rollback

Are there anti rollback on a non lift hill ....hill on racer?

Also they wouldn't leave the trains outside to get tore up from the winter weather.

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Are there anti rollback on a non lift hill ....hill on racer? 

The hill with the tarps on it has an emergency lift hill on it. To my knowledge, its rarely used during regular operation. but there are anti-rollbacks on that hill as well as the turn around and right before the brake run.

• Like 1

The hill with the tarps on it has an emergency lift hill on it. To my knowledge, its rarely used during regular operation. but there are anti-rollbacks on that hill as well as the turn around and right before the brake run.

They hill was operating for the beginning of last season, it was cool to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Cleo looks to be connecting to a section of track already installed. Would they remove a section in order to complete the helix? Maybe my eyes are just wrong haha

I think they might just be testing the range of the boom to make sure they can safely reach where the next piece goes.

• Like 1