IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Kings Island's long awaited Giga, at 9:29 AM, is finally completed. I can't believe this is happening!

Screenshot (208).png

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

I swore I just saw two people in white RUNNING like there was no tomorrow across the dirt...? 

Their coffee just hit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Anyone have a photo from "mostly" same angle as the webcam of when Firehawk was there? 

Seems like someone would, being it's just a shot from the Eiffel Tower more or less...

• Like 3

Dang work, I missed the final piece goin up :unsure: lol

• Like 1

It's THIS the little concrete building (photo booth?) that you would walk through when LEAVING Firehawk? 

20200130_094345.jpg

20200130_094610.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Driver8rws said:

It's THIS the little concrete building (photo booth?) that you would walk through when LEAVING Firehawk? 

20200130_094345.jpg

Yes it is? It’s going to be the entrance for the new ride

• Like 1

I can't believe the giga coaster we've been asking for and imagining at KI everytime we went to the park and made concepts for has finally come to life and is full circuit!  

• Like 10

I haven't seen Orion in person for awhile now so maybe it's just me or the way the layout is but it looks shorter than Diamondback. 

This ride looks amazing and I cannot wait for my first rides on it. I am sure as always Kings Island, Cedar Fair and B&M will deliver.

• Like 2

Just now, flightoffear1996 said:

I haven't seen Orion in person for awhile now so maybe it's just me or the way the layout is but it looks shorter than Diamondback. 

This ride looks amazing and I cannot wait for my first rides on it. I am sure as always Kings Island, Cedar Fair and B&M will deliver.

The layout probably is shorter than diamond back, the break run probably gives Orion the extra 100 feet 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Yeah Orion is 5321 and Diamondback is 5282ft it has to be in the brake run. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

The layout probably is shorter than diamond back, the break run probably gives Orion the extra 100 feet 

Yeah, but Diamondback's last few elements are kinda slow, and I think Orion will retain a solid amount of speed through the layout because there is no mid course.

• Like 4

Keep in mind Orion’s break run is partially as long as it is due to the fact there’s no MCBR while Diamondback does have an MCBR.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yes it is? It’s going to be the entrance for the new ride

When we were there for the construction preview, it was there and in tact.   Expect it might even be the Orion photo booth stop like it was for Firehawk.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

When we were there for the construction preview, it was there and in tact.   Expect it might even be the Orion photo booth stop like it was for Firehawk.

I'm pretty sure it will be the rides entrance, but maybe I was misinformed. I think the exit can be seen here:

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.41.44 AM.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

According to the blueprints, that will be Orion's entrance.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

It will be Orion's entrance. Orion's photo booth is a new build.

IMG_3836.JPG

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

May be tolerance issues. IIRC, Fury had the last piece lifted to check fit the day before final installation for the media.

• Like 2