Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I know it was mentioned before but was it ever confirmed about two different colors of supports. Based off of wild gravity post you can see that the station support is dark grey. I wonder how much of the supports will be that dark grey maybe the entire lift hill?? Then the rest is the light grey. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I know it was mentioned before but was it ever confirmed about two different colors of supports. Based off of wild gravity post you can see that the station support is dark grey. I wonder how much of the supports will be that dark grey maybe the entire lift hill?? Then the rest is the light grey. 

It's possible that the area in and around the station will be a darker shade of grey to match the materials that currently make up the station but I would not expect to see two different colors in the manner in which you see Diamondback.

29 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Didnt even notice this

Capturetracdksd.PNG

This is the first piece that was installed this morning.  The second piece installed is out of view (beside the transfer shed.)

The transfer piece you mentioned being put in place was actually just stored in another area (on the other side of that crane) - they didn’t install it today.  They probably put it in its current place so that it will be easy to install tomorrow/Monday.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

That one likely has track already on it.  I saw a piece being installed behind the transfer shed and it isn’t visible on the cam.

There is no track installed besides the one that is visible. Its sorta hard to see but you can see the two supports with no track on them

Capturergtsghtr.PNG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

There is no track installed besides the one that is visible. Its sorta hard to see but you can see the two supports with no track on them

Capturergtsghtr.PNG

Collin, the piece I’m referring to is behind the transfer shed and thus not currently visible.  I watched the cam live as they lowered the piece into place with a crane, and it was held in that spot for approximately 30 minutes or so until the crane moved on.

Edit:  You can see the blue of the track here.  It seems to be on the same plane as the track that’s already installed, and this is the area where the track was being lowered into place yesterday by the crane.

2F2D2B84-7553-42ED-9DAE-FDFF736AA51D.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Collin, the piece I’m referring to is behind the transfer shed and thus not currently visible.  I watched the cam live as they lowered the piece into place with a crane, and it was held in that spot for approximately 30 minutes or so until the crane moved on.

I saw this also, short straight section between the curved track and the transfer track. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Edit:  You can see the blue of the track here.  It seems to be on the same plane as the track that’s already installed, and this is the area where the track was being lowered into place yesterday by the crane.

2F2D2B84-7553-42ED-9DAE-FDFF736AA51D.jpeg

Oh my bad , sorry

• Like 1