Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

At least it's not above the transfer building like Diamondback which causes people to toss poneytail holders onto the roof. 

lol, there has to be at least 100 up there. Someone would probably find a sneaky way to throw a ponytail holder on orion's transfer shed though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Collin, the piece I’m referring to is behind the transfer shed and thus not currently visible.  I watched the cam live as they lowered the piece into place with a crane, and it was held in that spot for approximately 30 minutes or so until the crane moved on.

I saw this also, short straight section between the curved track and the transfer track. 

* Now that I look at it closer, it looks that that second piece of track is actually in the storage station, not next to it. They need a cam on top of the FOF building so we can see all the details

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

I saw this also, short straight section between the curved track and the transfer track. 

* Now that I look at it closer, it looks that that second piece of track is actually in the storage station, not next to it. They need a cam on top of the FOF building so we can see all the details

Yep, that’s entirely possible.  I wish we had a better view, but at least we have one!

10 AM and the site has no activity today, so they must have the day off.  A lot of work was completed yesterday so they deserve it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

At least it's not above the transfer building like Diamondback which causes people to toss poneytail holders onto the roof. 

See also Beast’s final brake shed...

Also, we have track! It looks beautiful! :D

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Even though I have never added to the collection, for some reason I like this tradition. It reminds me of the old gum tree in the line for White Water Canyon back in the day...I miss that.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, standbyme said:

Even though I have never added to the collection, for some reason I like this tradition. It reminds me of the old gum tree in the line for White Water Canyon back in the day...I miss that.

From what I understand, the pond surrounding The Beast was the same way with coins (and garbage). 

• Like 2

There is another piece of track about to be put up.  It is on the ground in line with the first piece that went up.

Edit:  Never mind.  That piece has been laying there for a little while.  It is in the pics above from yesterday.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jiddle said:

There is another piece of track about to be put up.  It is on the ground in line with the first piece that went up.

Edit:  Never mind.  That piece has been laying there for a little while.  It is in the pics above from yesterday.

Yep, they placed that piece there Saturday.  But I think you're right - it'll probably go up sometime today as they just installed the support that piece will rest on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CedarIslander said:

I may be mistaken, but it looks like they're getting ready to lift a piece of track into place...

I believe you're right.  I think they're about to lift the transfer section of track into place.  It looks like they're finishing up the transfer table, and the supports are all ready to go to hold the track.

BTW, do you guys see how big that support is on the trailer?  Massive!  They're starting to get the lift hill supports in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

HOLY SMOKES i just remembered something......does anyone remember the how the top half of Firehawk's loop was just behind the FOF building??? I dont see it there now.....what happened to it?

It was moved several months ago, and there was a photo posted in one of the threads of it sitting on a trailer in a subdivision somewhere.  We have no idea where it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2