Jump to content

Last Operating Day for 2020 is Nov 1st!

Kings Island is now closed for 2020.

Orion Construction Photos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are my pics from yesterday. Didnt take any professional camera up. Just with my S9+. Plus, was a little bumpy. Watermarked because some people. And these definitely are "exclusive". 

Why wait?

Anyone that does not work at the park or in the industry is the GP. 

Posted Images

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

At least it's not above the transfer building like Diamondback which causes people to toss poneytail holders onto the roof. 

lol, there has to be at least 100 up there. Someone would probably find a sneaky way to throw a ponytail holder on orion's transfer shed though.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Collin, the piece I’m referring to is behind the transfer shed and thus not currently visible.  I watched the cam live as they lowered the piece into place with a crane, and it was held in that spot for approximately 30 minutes or so until the crane moved on.

I saw this also, short straight section between the curved track and the transfer track. 

* Now that I look at it closer, it looks that that second piece of track is actually in the storage station, not next to it. They need a cam on top of the FOF building so we can see all the details

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

I saw this also, short straight section between the curved track and the transfer track. 

* Now that I look at it closer, it looks that that second piece of track is actually in the storage station, not next to it. They need a cam on top of the FOF building so we can see all the details

Yep, that’s entirely possible.  I wish we had a better view, but at least we have one!

10 AM and the site has no activity today, so they must have the day off.  A lot of work was completed yesterday so they deserve it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

At least it's not above the transfer building like Diamondback which causes people to toss poneytail holders onto the roof. 

See also Beast’s final brake shed...

Also, we have track! It looks beautiful! :D

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

At least it's not above the transfer building like Diamondback which causes people to toss poneytail holders onto the roof. 

Even though I have never added to the collection, for some reason I like this tradition. It reminds me of the old gum tree in the line for White Water Canyon back in the day...I miss that.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, standbyme said:

Even though I have never added to the collection, for some reason I like this tradition. It reminds me of the old gum tree in the line for White Water Canyon back in the day...I miss that.

From what I understand, the pond surrounding The Beast was the same way with coins (and garbage). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is another piece of track about to be put up.  It is on the ground in line with the first piece that went up.

 

Edit:  Never mind.  That piece has been laying there for a little while.  It is in the pics above from yesterday.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jiddle said:

There is another piece of track about to be put up.  It is on the ground in line with the first piece that went up.

 

Edit:  Never mind.  That piece has been laying there for a little while.  It is in the pics above from yesterday.

Yep, they placed that piece there Saturday.  But I think you're right - it'll probably go up sometime today as they just installed the support that piece will rest on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CedarIslander said:

I may be mistaken, but it looks like they're getting ready to lift a piece of track into place...

I believe you're right.  I think they're about to lift the transfer section of track into place.  It looks like they're finishing up the transfer table, and the supports are all ready to go to hold the track.

BTW, do you guys see how big that support is on the trailer?  Massive!  They're starting to get the lift hill supports in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

HOLY SMOKES i just remembered something......does anyone remember the how the top half of Firehawk's loop was just behind the FOF building??? I dont see it there now.....what happened to it?

It was moved several months ago, and there was a photo posted in one of the threads of it sitting on a trailer in a subdivision somewhere.  We have no idea where it is now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...