Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It was moved several months ago, and there was a photo posted in one of the threads of it sitting on a trailer in a subdivision somewhere.  We have no idea where it is now.

I am still wondering what happened to that guy who broke his non-disclosure agreement and leaked the layout! LOL!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

Are there any renderings of what the entrance plaza will look like?

This is what we have so far. Things may change, but this is all we have from the park as of now. I am personally hoping for a big ORION sign near the news truck because Cedar Fair always has the most detailed and ascetically pleasing entrance signs!

C4EA833E-F86B-4EBF-A841-131BD51A8BFC.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This is what we have so far. Things may change, but this is all we have from the park as of now. I am personally hoping for a big ORION sign near the news truck because Cedar Fair always has the most detailed and ascetically pleasing entrance signs!

C4EA833E-F86B-4EBF-A841-131BD51A8BFC.jpeg

Oh, sweet! I never noticed that in the video, thank you!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:
I am wondering what the yellow crane is doing. Its up but not near anything lol Maybe waiting for more supports to be delivered.
White crane picking up track right now it seems

It looks like the yellow crane is for lifting off track and supports as they are delivered. Based upon where it is sitting, would be perfect to back up a semi, remove the pieces and send the semi on its way.

I expect we will see 3-4 cranes operating at once before this is all said and done. Watching them erect a giant crane, probably with a huge jib will be fun to watch. There can’t be many that are mobile and can get above that 300 foot mark.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:46 AM, Stoan said:
Being one of the few Gigas in the world, what are the chances that Orion doesn't win best new coaster next year?

If you can keep the Fury fans from voting, we should be fine... :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That track or whatever is sitting on the ground by the transfer table has been sitting there for a while. 

Also @CedarIslander the ET stands 314 feet tall where the highest point guests can go is 275'. 

And the Eiffel Tower also sits at a higher elevation than where Orion will sit.  The top of the Eiffel Tower will still be noticeably taller than Orion's lift hill.

• Like 3

And the Eiffel Tower also sits at a higher elevation than where Orion will sit.  The top of the Eiffel Tower will still be noticeably taller than Orion's lift hill.

The games you can play, when it comes to terrain and how things look.

This reminds me of downtown Cincinnati. Great American Tower is actually taller than Carew Tower. The difference is, it sits at a much lower level than the Carew Tower does, so it looks shorter.
  • Like 2