Jump to content

Orion Construction Photos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are my pics from yesterday. Didnt take any professional camera up. Just with my S9+. Plus, was a little bumpy. Watermarked because some people. And these definitely are "exclusive". 

Why wait?

Anyone that does not work at the park or in the industry is the GP. 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I'm willing to bet that the track work on The Beast is all normal off-season maintenance.  People don't realize how much work and replacement is done on a normal basis.

It seems more significant than that, I don't ever remember seeing so much fresh wood. It looks like they focused on the area exiting the helix, which is where the track was the roughest. If you pause that "Kings Island Orion test run, and other Coasters Mavic 2 Zoom" video 6:52 you can see most of it. 

 

 
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jcovelli said:

It seems more significant than that, I don't ever remember seeing so much fresh wood. It looks like they focused on the area exiting the helix, which is where the track was the roughest. If you pause that "Kings Island Orion test run, and other Coasters Mavic 2 Zoom" video 6:52 you can see most of it. 

 

 

When you look at the new drone footage from the 26th, you can see some steel supports that they put up on the helix.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 12:32 PM, collin.klopfstein said:

I will pm anybody who needs the link to the most recent video with the banners

Can you PM me the link and the exact time that the banners are on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So now there's a solid fence around the entire queue, are they trying to make us feel claustrophobic? I'm not so sure I like that move, but maybe it will have something to do with theming. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

So now there's a solid fence around the entire queue, are they trying to make us feel claustrophobic? I'm not so sure I like that move, but maybe it will have something to do with theming. 

I think it would be nice if they put some cool "crack the code" signs or stuff with QR codes on it that can change to keep people interested and get people entertained while waiting in a long line. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jcovelli said:

So now there's a solid fence around the entire queue, are they trying to make us feel claustrophobic? I'm not so sure I like that move, but maybe it will have something to do with theming. 

wait, where did you see that? I don't think I saw that in any drone footage

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nutterie said:

wait, where did you see that? I don't think I saw that in any drone footage

search "Orion 3-26-2020" on youtube, it's a different person with a drone

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jcovelli said:

search "Orion 3-26-2020" on youtube, it's a different person with a drone

oh, i see it. that might just be temporary while they do some landscaping outside of the queue or something, idk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

oh, i see it. that might just be temporary while they do some landscaping outside of the queue or something, idk

That’s what I was thinking. A fence like that would not be aesthetically pleasing as a barbed wire fence. The wooden fence would make you feel to enclosed and claustrophobic. Also I hope we get some great theme omg in the giant area besides the break run, something like giant meteors and fire :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Also I hope we get some great theme omg in the giant area besides the break run, something like giant meteors and fire :)

I believe that land will likely be used for future expansion.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's usually at least some mulch/basic landscaping space between the queue or path areas and the fence, what they have up currently looks like the same basic stuff they put up around Vortex so could be temporary, or maybe just not painted or themed yet.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Internet traffic is really slow these days with all the video conferencing and streaming so the software upgrade is taking longer than expected.  Should be done by mid May or as soon thereafter as possible.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nutterie said:
2 hours ago, KIguy2004 said:

They said at the end of this month.

you mean tomorrow? epic

rickety, rickety, wrecked, son! - Rick and Morty Rickety Wrecked ...

Just came here to read the comments....and yeah I guess it is the end of the month...

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KIguy2004 said:

Yes that's what I mean. I messaged Don Helbig.

I'm sure the park has more pressing issues right now than turning on a webcam.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'm sure the park has more pressing issues right now than turning on a webcam.

I understand. I just wanted to know when they would turn it back on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some scenery news on Area 72. The left light post behind F.O.F. gate is completely wrecked by a meteoroid, and it's landed next to it cover by chain linked fences. Banner on the same gate have been put up. Their is some type of symbol and letter on the sign behind the vista-point support. (You can only see it up close if you look down, or go into the queue line for Orion.) Shads been supported and soon to be color.

"That's all over."

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Some scenery news on Area 72. The left light post behind F.O.F. gate is completely wrecked by a meteoroid, and it's landed next to it cover by chain linked fences. Banner on the same gate have been put up. Their is some type of symbol and letter on the sign behind the vista-point support. (You can only see it up close if you look down, or go into the queue line for Orion.) Shads been supported and soon to be color.

"That's all over."

Source on that?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Source on that?

I know he’s acting like it’s some secret, but you can see everything he’s writing about on the 3-26 drone video.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

First off why are we still talking about  drone videos? Also, why are we endorsing someone to go out during a pandemic, and break a stay-at-home order?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

First off why are we still talking about  drone videos? Also, why are we endorsing someone to go out during a pandemic, and break a stay-at-home order?

I’m sure he’s going to infect millions if he goes out, flies his drone, then drive back home

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I’m sure he’s going to infect millions if he goes out, flies his drone, then drive back home

You never know. Seems like the uploader has total disregard for public health.

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

You never know. Seems like the uploader has total disregard for public health.

why did you have to bring the coronavirus into this anyway, there is another thread. We are just trying to have a conversation about coasters

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

why did you have to bring the coronavirus into this anyway, there is another thread. We are just trying to have a conversation about coasters

Because the thread was encouraging someone to do something that the government as ordered us not to do.

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Because the thread was encouraging someone to do something that the government as ordered us not to do.

We’re still encourage to go out and take walks, get fresh air. The governors order did not prohibit going outside for exercise. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...