Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

Just now, Benjamin22 said:

Did you have for to remind me? :(

Yes.  Yes I did.   We can not let this virus control us, we must take charge, we must not let it get us down, depress us destroy our FUN.

Stand tall and celebrate tomorrow.  Don’t let the virus win.  Enjoy your favorite hobby, don’t hide from it.  We may not have Orion in the morning but we have great memories and we should celebrate those.   Orion and KI will come.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, media day will be here eventually. From what I remember from the email from Don, they aren't planning on completely cancelling media day or the first rider auction. They'll likely hold them a few days before the reopening of the park whenever that is. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my suggestion.  Start Happy Hour at 5 (AM) open some Wine with DeWine and enjoy some POV.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what happened to that part of Firehawk's loop that was left intact and laying behind FOF for a while...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Everybody get to bed early and get a good nights sleep. Media Day starts bright and early in the morning.  :ph34r:

Everyone should post content from Banshee and Mystic Media Days in the morning.  It will be like ESPN Classic.  

image.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Everybody get to bed early and get a good nights sleep. Media Day starts bright and early in the morning.  :ph34r:

Everyone should post content from Banshee and Mystic Media Days in the morning.  It will be like ESPN Classic.  

Orion must be an incredible ride and everyone lost their phones during the ride...no pics from media day yet?:P

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this morning my alarm goes off at 0330.  What the... as I check the time. Odd. It goes off for the next 15 mins to 0430(yes I am a multiple alarm person). I’m asking myself, why did I set those and punish myself? Then, as I’m laying there wondering if I should check to see if there is another due to go off, it comes to me why... I set them the moment I found out when the date and time for media day was announced. I had planned to get up and shoot the stream of folks rolling in and then “cover” it, if in vain where I spend most of my time covering Orion being constructed; GWL parking lot or the river trail and at least get some pictures of full trains along with a live feed on FB and/or IG. Who knows, maybe some of that enthusiasm will come back and I’ll still do it anyhow; but for now it’s the what would have and could have been. 

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, this morning was definitely warmer than the Banshee media day.  According to the almanac, the low temperature on April 17, 2014 was 23 degrees.  It was definitely still in the 30s when rides began.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

For the record, this morning was definitely warmer than the Banshee media day.  According to the almanac, the low temperature on April 17, 2014 was 23 degrees.  It was definitely still in the 30s when rides began.

When rides began, it was 30°. I remember thinking “how in the world is this thing running so well when it’s so cold?!” It warmed up quite a bit in the afternoon though! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone be contemplating bringing semi-heavy clothes (besides malem, obviously) to the park if Orion opened today to combat the 93 mph windchills?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm..... Is everything ok at Kings Island? Why everything is all sudden quiet and no pictures of Orion, no webcam, etc... I'm trapped in Indianapolis. Come on... show us something and make everyone's day brighter. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BMBOY said:

Umm..... Is everything ok at Kings Island? Why everything is all sudden quiet and no pictures of Orion, no webcam, etc... I'm trapped in Indianapolis. Come on... show us something and make everyone's day brighter. 

Apparently a meteor hit and knocked out all cellular service:P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMBOY said:

Umm..... Is everything ok at Kings Island? Why everything is all sudden quiet and no pictures of Orion, no webcam, etc... I'm trapped in Indianapolis. Come on... show us something and make everyone's day brighter. 

Nothing new is happening. I can say that WindSeeker went up the pole and back down slowly yesterday morning around 0945. Other than that all the lights were off in the park yesterday evening. Here is the tower going blue for first responders and healthcare workers. 
 

9BBAAA84-73D1-430B-94AF-90D94BA420BF.jpeg

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 10:13 AM, silver2005 said:

Would anyone be contemplating bringing semi-heavy clothes (besides malem, obviously) to the park if Orion opened today to combat the 93 mph windchills?

nah, by the time it opens we’ll be in warmer weather and wind chill won't be an issue at 91 mph

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 2:30 PM, BMBOY said:

Come on... show us something and make everyone's day brighter. 

I hear you dude. I pray for good news everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything new with Orion today? What building is this beside Invertigo?Screenshot (2).png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything new with Orion today? What building is this beside Invertigo?1304363935_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.818a8f3a5b4113271f93929eef069252.png
 

Kings Island theater


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything new with testing at the park or Orion?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New drone video shows the area is ver close to

completion. Most, if not all of the queue rails have been installed. The area looks awesome! It’ll look even better once the landscaping team reports back to work and gets some grass growing! 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

New drone video shows the area is ver close to

completion. Most, if not all of the queue rails have been installed. The area looks awesome! It’ll look even better once the landscaping team reports back to work and gets some grass growing! 

Who posted it? Is it on YouTube? 

EDIT: nevermind I found it. Flyin High Dronez

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Cedar Fair is cutting some of their 2020 expenses, do you think they are going to be cutting any of the theming elements or the lighting package? We still haven’t seen the DMX lighting tested yet, and we maybe haven’t seen all of the theming. Do you think Cedar Fair is going to cut any of this from the project?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Since Cedar Fair is cutting some of their 2020 expenses, do you think they are going to be cutting any of the theming elements or the lighting package? We still haven’t seen the DMX lighting tested yet, and we maybe haven’t seen all of the theming. Do you think Cedar Fair is going to cut any of this from the project?

That has likely already been paid for and the contacts for those things are already well under way likely. KI likely has cut expenses in other areas (For example maybe they wanted to order umbrellas this season and now they wont) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

That has likely already been paid for and the contacts for those things are already well under way likely. KI likely has cut expenses in other areas (For example maybe they wanted to order umbrellas this season and now they wont) 

I sure hope so! I am looking forward to the full Orion “experience!” It is going to be great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect that they will not have it "completed" until they know when the park is opening.

Under the Governor's Orders, construction activity could continue.

KI does not want to accept Orion as complete until they are ready to resume operations.

Once they accept it, the warranty period starts.  They do not want to lose a year of warranty for a ride sitting....especially if it is a one year warranty...but whatever the warranty period is, you want to maximize the opportunity to have it covered.

Yes I realize the ride will be sitting for 5-6 months during the off-season, but you do not want to waste an operating cycle of the warranty if you can help it.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying High Dronez says that construction is complete. Is this true?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flying High Dronez says that construction is complete. Is this true?

Construction is not complete. There is still more of the queue rails being worked on and theming as well. So while it’s not 100% complete, most of the big stuff seems to be complete, now it’s just finishing touches.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I never truly realized how almost every turn is taken at a 90 degree Bank...this thing looks insane and I can't wait until it opens. I used to be one of those who was a little disappointed after hearing that it's the smallest giga coaster but after looking at the entire track layout for the last 30 minutes, I'm really excited. I figured this would be a good coaster but it may possibly make it into my top five...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...