Jump to content

Orion Construction Photos


IndyGuy4KI

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

At long last, an on-the-ground shot of some Area 72 work: https://twitter.com/KyleKruthoffer/status/1264397046376730625/photo/1

Too bad there was radio silence from the park of these types of photos between the ACE construction tour and now.

Cool to see but wow, that is a lot of concrete with no trees. Hope Area 72 isn't Action Zone 2.0

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

You can see that they planted two new trees in front of CHAOS.

Oh I saw those, not really doing much by being on the outskirts lol. There were plenty of trees on the outskirts of AZ, but the giant expanse of concrete was awful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:


Well how many trees do you see at a military base? That’s the theme it’s going for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many trees did a movie stunt area have? None, and it was pretty bad. Might not fit the theme very well but it doesn’t make it a non issue :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Phantom Theater said:

Cool to see but wow, that is a lot of concrete with no trees. Hope Area 72 isn't Action Zone 2.0

The reason why there is a lot of concrete is maybe Area 72 will be very congested due to Orion and FOF.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IceePirate said:

I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if they would stick a 3rd train on Flight of Fear to increase capacity. It already has pretty dreadful capacity, and it's gonna get hit even harder now with more people in that area.

I almost never ride it anymore because of that. I'd love to see them abandon roping people off in the saucer. Micromanaging lines is unnecessary on most rides. 

Granted, when the park opens this year, it's possible every line could be super micromanaged for obvious reasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I almost never ride it anymore because of that. I'd love to see them abandon roping people off in the saucer. Micromanaging lines is unnecessary on most rides. 

Granted, when the park opens this year, it's possible every line could be super micromanaged for obvious reasons. 

Yeah, I know the unload station can sit empty for a good bit of time, would be nice to add a 3rd train so it can roll into the station after the first train clears the mid-course and the 2nd is able to launch.

I think FoF is technically able to support 4 trains in 5 block sections, but I believe they only ever shipped with 3 trains. They only have 2 trains at a time as the 3rd is in the maintenance shed when it is it's year to get refurbished.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I almost never ride it anymore because of that. I'd love to see them abandon roping people off in the saucer. Micromanaging lines is unnecessary on most rides. 

Granted, when the park opens this year, it's possible every line could be super micromanaged for obvious reasons. 

Then how would you merge the Fastlane line?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Yeah, I know the unload station can sit empty for a good bit of time, would be nice to add a 3rd train so it can roll into the station after the first train clears the mid-course and the 2nd is able to launch.

I think FoF is technically able to support 4 trains in 5 block sections, but I believe they only ever shipped with 3 trains. They only have 2 trains at a time as the 3rd is in the maintenance shed when it is it's year to get refurbished.

I think i remember reading in the news paper press release when FOF was announced that it stated it would run 4 trains with a capaicty of 2000 per hour.  Not sure if it ever did run 4 trains though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, goettablitz said:

I think i remember reading in the news paper press release when FOF was announced that it stated it would run 4 trains with a capaicty of 2000 per hour.  Not sure if it ever did run 4 trains though.

Not sure about the capacity number, but I do know that both Kings Island and Kings Dominion only shipped with 3 trains each. The ride probably couldn't utilize 4 trains anyways without a train stopping on the midcourse frequently, which would detract from the ride. I doubt a 4th train would improve capacity all that much since capacity of FoF is limited by how often the cars can load/launch. I could see a 3rd train helping though since the station does sit empty a little bit of the time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Not sure about the capacity number, but I do know that both Kings Island and Kings Dominion only shipped with 3 trains each. The ride probably couldn't utilize 4 trains anyways without a train stopping on the midcourse frequently, which would detract from the ride. I doubt a 4th train would improve capacity all that much since capacity of FoF is limited by how often the cars can load/launch. I could see a 3rd train helping though since the station does sit empty a little bit of the time.

I think they can fit one train on the track while one in load, unload and break run. That break run is long, I bet it can fit 2 trains. The one at the mid course shouldn't need to stop I wouldn't think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefer 2 train ops on Flight of Fear for one reason- the ride is indoors. I don't mind if there's a longer line when I know I'm going to be inside in a cool building vs standing out in the sun or possibly the rain. The show features like the lights, the tvs, the little easter eggs, and the overall scenery make the wait worth it. Honestly, I'd rather wait 15 minutes vs having a walk on just so I can appreciate the theming. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...