Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, fryoj said:

no....

Footers cure around 60-90 days before they start putting stress on them. Don't expect anything to go vertical before late August. 

60-90 days seems a bit much.  The typical cure time is 28 days.  

Or are they using a different type of mix that requires a longer cure time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banshee had station and lift vertical progress by Sep 10th 2013. I'm expecting mid-late August to be the beginning of vertical construction.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

60-90 days seems a bit much.  The typical cure time is 28 days.  

Or are they using a different type of mix that requires a longer cure time? 

It has to do with the bolts. They aren't just setting the support on the concrete. The support actually never touches the concrete. The weight is all on the bolts which will have a nut above and below the support flange. They then go back and put a grout in the gap to finish it up after everything is bolted together.The concrete has to be cured enough to support both a downward load, and, with supports that lean out past the pier, a vertical load. It's a bit more complicated than a concrete pour where the load sits right on the concrete. If they put the load too early and a bolt moves, they probably have to rip the pier cap out and repour. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

New update from today check it out now!

 

Looks like there isn't much to report.  Footings are stuff are exciting for a hot minute but vertical construction is where it's at.  Thanks for the update!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Looks like there isn't much to report.  Footings are stuff are exciting for a hot minute but vertical construction is where it's at.  Thanks for the update!

Yeah, it's pretty much we need to see teasers or the announcement before theres going to be much worth talking about. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much to report, but here is an update from today. Rebar and cement poured in footers near turn around. Lift footer had wooden mold ready to pour.

There were large white pipes (the size of DB suppprts but like 15ft long) behind the red shed/barn that you can see on your way back when riding blue racer. I thought they were supports at first because they are about the right size but I I don't think that's what they are because the ends don't look right, they just look like very large tubes. They weren't there a few days ago, but only way to see them is blue racer so no pics of course. I don't think they are for the coaster, but wonder what they would be used for 

IMG_7174.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Thats very interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

Also, does anyone have any idea for when the coaster will be announced. I was hoping to go and wondered what the date was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CedarFairFan787 said:

Also, does anyone have any idea for when the coaster will be announced. I was hoping to go and wondered what the date was.

There are rumors of unknown validity but I would not rely on them if I was planning travel. The park will likely give at least one day notice before announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CedarFairFan787 said:

^Thats very interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

Also, does anyone have any idea for when the coaster will be announced. I was hoping to go and wondered what the date was.

Once KIC gets the official notice from the park we will post it. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WindingSon said:

There are rumors of unknown validity but I would not rely on them if I was planning travel. The park will likely give at least one day notice before announcement.

In the past, haven't they given notice a week ahead of the announcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joshua said:

In the past, haven't they given notice a week ahead of the announcement?

Yes, at least I believe so. Pretty sure they did with MT anyway 

ETA picture update from just now. Nothing new to report 

IMG_7211.JPG

 

Second ETA:

rode Racer and they have removed 3 of the 5 large white tubes I had mentioned earlier yesterday, so they are currently being used somewhere in some way. There were some new darker colored smaller tubes near them now too 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kings Island is not getting a giga ride i dont know why people think thats what Kings Island is getting people are just guessing they dont know they would feel dumb when they find out its not what they thought it was

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thank you for that entirely uninformed opinion :)

If you actually want to know “why people think that”, feel free to trudge through this thread:  

All the extremely compelling evidence is included. It’s hardly people “being dumb”, there have been a lot of extremely intelligent and qualified people chiming in helping to decode the blueprints. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, retrofan1980 said:

Kings Island is not getting a giga ride i dont know why people think thats what Kings Island is getting people are just guessing they dont know they would feel dumb when they find out its not what they thought it was

Sorry... but no! Please skim through the Decoding 2020 thread to see more than enough evidence pointing towards the giga...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, retrofan1980 said:

Kings Island is not getting a giga ride i dont know why people think thats what Kings Island is getting people are just guessing they dont know they would feel dumb when they find out its not what they thought it was

Blueprints were leaked that basically confirm it's a giga. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

retrofan also thought that they were removing Dinos alive last fall. A full year after they already removed it.

 

 

Move on. Nothing to see here. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kings Island is not getting a giga ride i dont know why people think thats what Kings Island is getting people are just guessing they dont know they would feel dumb when they find out its not what they thought it was


You need to use punctuation when posting on here, not a run on sentence. See the Terms of Service on here for the rules of the forums.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

 


You need to use punctuation when posting on here, not a run on sentence. See the Terms of Service on here for the rules of the forums.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Wow, idk what's going on but, there are more things to worry about than the way someone types  on here. lol 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Wow, idk what's going on but, there are more things to worry about than the way someone types  on here. lol 

Doesn’t matter whether or not you think it’s important, it’s still against the TOS.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Doesn’t matter whether or not you think it’s important, it’s still against the TOS.

LOL  someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

So anyone will a good zoom get those white pipes?

I will be there tomorrow night, ill bring my good camera and get that good zoom lol 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

I will be there tomorrow night, ill bring my good camera and get that good zoom lol 

Awesome awesome! haha  thank you!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Awesome awesome! haha  thank you!!

Youre welcome!! Cant wait to see what it looks like and comes out to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Youre welcome!! Cant wait to see what it looks like and comes out to be. 

its def exciting times to be a fan of coasters and KI.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

its def exciting times to be a fan of coasters and KI.

Yes! For sure it is. I know people get annoyed with it but idc what it is, at least our park is getting new rides and updates pretty much every year. Most parks dont get touched for years upon years. I will be happy with whatever they decide to give us. Idc if the coaster is 301ft or 370ft, a new coaster is going to be awesome for us! And will be a great replacement over FH

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Yes! For sure it is. I know people get annoyed with it but idc what it is, at least our park is getting new rides and updates pretty much every year. Most parks dont get touched for years upon years. I will be happy with whatever they decide to give us. Idc if the coaster is 301ft or 370ft, a new coaster is going to be awesome for us! And will be a great replacement over FH

I agree. Nothing like this has ever graced KI. It could possibly be the largest coaster ever to be on the lands of KI. Who knows. I am so thankful for CF and what they have done for this park.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I agree. Nothing like this has ever graced KI. It could possibly be the largest coaster ever to be on the lands of KI. Who knows. I am so thankful for CF and what they have done for this park.

Yes 100%! I love that Ki is my HP lol i try and go at least 3 times a week and im only 15 mins from the park so that makes it even better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I lived closer haha. I am in Columbus so I tell myself I have 2 home parks Ki and CP lol During the Paramount days I really only went to CP but since CF has taken over and the things they have added. I def split my time in half between the parks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...