IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

I don’t think it’s in yet but looks like they have it ready to go up first thing in the morning. I’ve been watching for longer than I’d like to admit bc I thought they were really going to put it up. You guys were right for laughing! Lol. 

Tomorrow should be a fun day to watch. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Forgot to tell you guys that I got yelled at for watching the construction cam in the middle of English class, whoops

Yeah! I can see that! Back in 2016, I got yelled at by my 8th grade Social Studies teacher for looking for updates on Lightning Rod when I was supposed to be working on a project with a group. Oops! I was just interested in Lightning Rod. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Forgot to tell you guys that I got yelled at for watching the construction cam in the middle of English class, whoops

Yeah: it should be during science/physics..... :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Thats great! :lol: thats what's nice about doing all your school work from home! I can take breaks and look at it whenever I want

It took me multiple tries and it's definitely not accurate, but decided to make what Orion could look like at night. It wasn't fully night when I took this screenshot since I wanted to be able to see the site, but this was the best I could do! 

2019-09-23_20.00.21.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, VisibleConcern said:

What will be the best way to view Orion during Winterfest? I don't think WindSeeker or Racer will be open.

From Coney Mall, sadly. Since FoF wont be open either. 

• Like 1

I speculating that Clifford along with an additional crane will be here later this week or early next.  Will take a little time to assemble Clifford.  Todays progress will kinda determine the timeframe

• Like 1

They're loading a piece of track up on a trailer on the left side of the cam.  It's going up today!  I'm going to guess that we'll get at least 2 pieces of lift hill track installed today.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

Funny, it looks like the first support is as tall as The Racer.... Boy how times change!

When the hill is complete it's going to be amazing how it looks compared to everything near it. 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, jensenracing77 said:

Funny, it looks like the first support is as tall as The Racer.... Boy how times change!

I remember in 1999, seeing an artists drawing of Millennium Force, and how it made Mantis look like a kiddie coaster in comparison. I was in awe! And my brother looked at me and said "welcome to the future of roller coaster design!"  20 years later, he wasn't wrong. 

spacer.png

Source: https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com

• Like 9