Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Okay, so decoding is over and construction is in full swing.  When did Banshee and Mystic Timbers get their construction cams?  Didn't we have them up and running before vertical construction began?  Should we expect that very soon?

Don't quote me on this but I believe Banshee came went up the next day after the announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all those focusing on the stats, let me chime in here because many think it's the Lite version of a giga.

 

I've road every giga coaster in North America and their parks hypers as well and know just by watching the rendering what type of giga this is.

Millennium force- focuses on speed and maintaining it.

I305- this is a 1 off. Unholy speed first few seconds then turns into Maverick.

Leviathan- 1st giga from b&m. First 2/3 of the ride, pretty intense then we have to ride over some brakes and it loses its giga feel then it just randomly ends...

Fury 325- first half, very intense, last half... replica of how hypers feel towards their end.

Orion- :) Very intense.... NO TRIM BRAKES, NO Mid brake.. just pure speed like MF.

 

But it's short? 

EXACTLY! GOOD!

 

Why is that good? 

Look what happened to Fury 325 by making it super long. At some point, it just meanders on along at much slower speeds just looking for the loading station.

 

KI wants you to feel Intensity to the max. This rollercoaster will NOT slow down to regain your thoughts on what just happened 5 seconds ago.

You won't be able to process anything after the pinnacle of the first drop until your completely stopped at the end cheering that this is a Speed Demon.  

Giga coasters are suppose to be fast because they are taller and because of this, their ride duration will be lower than a hyper.

 

Trying to match durational ride time to a hyper gives you the slow down effects Leviathan abs Fury 325 have.

 

Trust me, this is NO poor design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

For all those focusing on the stats, let me chime in here because many think it's the Lite version of a giga.

 

I've road every giga coaster in North America and their parks hypers as well and know just by watching the rendering what type of giga this is.

Millennium force- focuses on speed and maintaining it.

I305- this is a 1 off. Unholy speed first few seconds then turns into Maverick.

Leviathan- 1st giga from b&m. First 2/3 of the ride, pretty intense then we have to ride over some brakes and it loses its giga feel then it just randomly ends...

Fury 325- first half, very intense, last half... replica of how hypers feel towards their end.

Orion- :) Very intense.... NO TRIM BRAKES, NO Mid brake.. just pure speed like MF.

 

But it's short? 

EXACTLY! GOOD!

 

Why is that good? 

Look what happened to Fury 325 by making it super long. At some point, it just meanders on along at much slower speeds just looking for the loading station.

 

KI wants you to feel Intensity to the max. This rollercoaster will NOT slow down to regain your thoughts on what just happened 5 seconds ago.

You won't be able to process anything after the pinnacle of the first drop until your completely stopped at the end cheering that this is a Speed Demon.  

Giga coasters are suppose to be fast because they are taller and because of this, their ride duration will be lower than a hyper.

 

Trying to match durational ride time to a hyper gives you the slow down effects Leviathan abs Fury 325 have.

 

Trust me, this is NO poor design.

I'm with you - people are hating on this ride because of its length.  I don't want the length to be so much that the ride becomes a plodding cow by the end of the run.  I want SPEED.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the location of the track was unknown for about a day, I am wondering if there is another shop, on the way to the park, where they took it to have the guide wheels someone mentioned was installed, put on. I dont believe CSF does any type of assembly, they just build the track, and paint it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For all those focusing on the stats, let me chime in here because many think it's the Lite version of a giga.
 
I've road every giga coaster in North America and their parks hypers as well and know just by watching the rendering what type of giga this is.
Millennium force- focuses on speed and maintaining it.
I305- this is a 1 off. Unholy speed first few seconds then turns into Maverick.
Leviathan- 1st giga from b&m. First 2/3 of the ride, pretty intense then we have to ride over some brakes and it loses its giga feel then it just randomly ends...
Fury 325- first half, very intense, last half... replica of how hypers feel towards their end.
Orion- Very intense.... NO TRIM BRAKES, NO Mid brake.. just pure speed like MF.
 
But it's short? 
EXACTLY! GOOD!
 
Why is that good? 
Look what happened to Fury 325 by making it super long. At some point, it just meanders on along at much slower speeds just looking for the loading station.
 
KI wants you to feel Intensity to the max. This rollercoaster will NOT slow down to regain your thoughts on what just happened 5 seconds ago.
You won't be able to process anything after the pinnacle of the first drop until your completely stopped at the end cheering that this is a Speed Demon.  
Giga coasters are suppose to be fast because they are taller and because of this, their ride duration will be lower than a hyper.
 
Trying to match durational ride time to a hyper gives you the slow down effects Leviathan abs Fury 325 have.
 
Trust me, this is NO poor design.


Fury AND Leviathan didn’t have trim brakes in their animation so don’t get your hopes up. Apparently on the blueprints, there’s a trim on the huge camelback hill. But, at least there aren’t as many trims as Leviathan.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shizzzon said:

Just think how expensive that one piece of track is above that when crossed offers less than 1 second of excitement and you dont even realize it

That is station track, so the train will be parked on it quite a bit.  

 

3 hours ago, kissfan4 said:

Since the location of the track was unknown for about a day, I am wondering if there is another shop, on the way to the park, where they took it to have the guide wheels someone mentioned was installed, put on. I dont believe CSF does any type of assembly, they just build the track, and paint it.

This isn’t the same piece of track that we previously seen loaded up at CSF.  That piece was transfer track and was painted on the ends.  The piece that arrived today with Don standing in front of is station track.  It’s a different piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blue track near Don looks darker than in the animation.  The animation shows more of a lighter baby blue color with some green hues, but maybe it’s the lighting.  I know it will fade a bit too.  I do really like the light blue color in the birdseye view, looks sharp.  Also hoping for some green lighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The blue track near Don looks darker than in the animation.  The animation shows more of a lighter baby blue color with some green hues, but maybe it’s the lighting.  I know it will fade a bit too.  I do really like the light blue color in the birdseye view, looks sharp.  Also hoping for some green lighting.


It’s called shadowing, the sunlight is behind Don.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved the B&M roar discussion to the general Orion announcement thread.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited to see some blue track at the construction site get posted here. Please follow all park rules getting pictures to post. 

I have updated our Project X page to Orion which has the announcement photos, and construction photos. I would love to include members photos as well, so send me a PM if you have photos you would like to contribute to the gallery. 

https://kicentral.com/rides/orion/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I moved the B&M roar discussion to the general Orion announcement thread.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited to see some blue track at the construction site get posted here. Please follow all park rules getting pictures to post. 

I have updated our Project X page to Orion which has the announcement photos, and construction photos. I would love to include members photos as well, so send me a PM if you have photos you would like to contribute to the gallery. 

https://KICentral.com/rides/orion/

I'll have some after today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

 


It’s called shadowing, the sunlight is behind Don.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I will agree, the actual color of the track is slightly darker than the animation. But I'm sure it will look just as great towering 300 feet in the air. (286 from what I have heard).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...