Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

In looking at the webcams, I do have one slightly less relevant question- what makes so many bugs congregate on top of the Eiffel Tower?  They're swarming the Orion cam.  

I believe some of them are wasps. Ther must be a nest up there some where.  I'd hate to have to fix that cam right now lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm still wondering why Clifford still is not here yet. Clifford was here in early September of 2013 to work on Banshee. Interesting it is still not here yet. 

It’s because it cost $10k a day to rent...someone on here said that earlier but I can’t remember who. They are likely getting everything ready so when it is here it won’t be sitting and waiting/wasting money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

It’s because it cost $10k a day to rent...someone on here said that earlier but I can’t remember who. They are likely getting everything ready so when it is here it won’t be sitting and waiting/wasting money.

That was me. It was just an estimate but I remember hearing those figures from Somewhere on a crane documentary I watched. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clifford will obviously be here a couple days before use because it literally has to be built in the spot it will be used. It doesn't just come all in once piece.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
very slow action day on the cam that's for sure.


I have 2 thoughts for tomorrow:

1- they actually put up the first section of lift hill.

2- they don’t. They continue to stage lift hill segments and work on attaching the netting and catwalk as well as assembling and moving supports.

I can see both as potential options. I think 1 is way more likely as the lone support is a sail in the wind right now. Adding the track to it will give it more structure and strength.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Is the fencing installed on the other side? I can't make it out.

I see gray on both sides of the track, maybe its sitting there about to be put on the track? Or its installed already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fyrfyter said:

 

 


I have 2 thoughts for tomorrow:

1- they actually put up the first section of lift hill.

2- they don’t. They continue to stage lift hill segments and work on attaching the netting and catwalk as well as assembling and moving supports.

I can see both as potential options. I think 1 is way more likely as the lone support is a sail in the wind right now. Adding the track to it will give it more structure and strength.

 

Also based off the pic someone shared of fury being built they did use these small cranes for the section they are working on right now. So I agree it could go either way. I am leaning on them putting this section up. Then staging the rest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

2a424c18720a24c153d8ff462da717c5.jpg
Our strictly webcam tv emoji23.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!! What are you using to stream that to the tv with like a chromecast or something?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohio Coaster Boy 19 said:

Nice!! What are you using to stream that to the tv with like a chromecast or something?

It could be on a console like a PS4. They have built in browsers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

It could be on a console like a PS4. They have built in browsers.

True, i should go buy a cheap $100 TV just for this lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beast Night Rider said:

It’s because it cost $10k a day to rent...someone on here said that earlier but I can’t remember who. They are likely getting everything ready so when it is here it won’t be sitting and waiting/wasting money.

Plus it might be in use somewhere else or just finished up being used. So is in the process of being torn down and ready for shipment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm still wondering why Clifford still is not here yet. Clifford was here in early September of 2013 to work on Banshee. Interesting it is still not here yet. 

I saw a red one across the river yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice!! What are you using to stream that to the tv with like a chromecast or something?

 

Tv has built in Apple Airplay, it’s a 55” Vizio 4k

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Tv has built in Apple Airplay, it’s a 55” Vizio 4k

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

wow he11 yeah. thats awesome. Great picture too it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

84dc8d9369e60b866a4358cbaaae4b74.jpg

A lot better than viewing on a phone haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right lol i think i might have a extra TV laying around not sure. Thanks for sharing!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sikkinixx99 said:

Did they quit for the day??

The white crane is moving right now, but activity is a lot lower today compared to yesterday.

The catwalk is being installed now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beast Night Rider said:

It’s because it cost $10k a day to rent...someone on here said that earlier but I can’t remember who. They are likely getting everything ready so when it is here it won’t be sitting and waiting/wasting money.

I think you underestimate the cost of some of those big boy cranes.  In my previous job I had to rent cranes on the regular to load and unload heavy items.   The biggest I rented were 80 ton RTC'S and they ran over $3k for a 4 hour rental period.  I once rented a 30 ton out in Norcal and it ran over $4k for 4 hours.  It was crazy.  Even if I only needed it for 2 hours it was still a "4 hour minimum".  IIRC most of the ones I rented had a max boom height of around 120'-130'.  So they can't go anywhere near the heights needed here.

I did arrange transport for some of the bigger Manitowoc lattice crawlers and it took 30-40 FTL's to deliver all the components to erect the crane on-site.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really surprised they didn't use Adena construction to erect this. They used them for Banshee, DB and the Soak City expansion. I think they did some work at CP as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I'm really surprised they didn't use Adena construction to erect this. They used them for Banshee, DB and the Soak City expansion. I think they did some work at CP as well.

I wonder if they were already booked on a project.

 

Also there are still workers on site. T-Bone has been moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I wonder if they were already booked on a project.

 

Also there are still workers on site. T-Bone has been moving.

Very possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...