Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

8 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Can someone post a photo of the Ball joint vs what they use now. Just so I and whoever else is curious can see

Now they use flange plates, their tolerances are much tighter now than when they used the ball joints, the ball joints allowed them to “flex” the supports if the footing wasn’t in the exact place it needed to be 

916C36C4-9CB5-46D3-B3E6-9DBD0899541C.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Is it possible to add another expensive coaster this quick?

No it’s not likely they will not do this. Best we can hope for is that we remain on a 3 year coaster cycle (which depends on how well this new coaster performs). No CedarFair Park has gotten back to back coasters in years.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

No it’s not likely they will not do this. Best we can hope for is that we remain on a 3 year coaster cycle (which depends on how well this new coaster performs). No CedarFair Park has gotten back to back coasters in years.

Incorrect, wicked twister opened in 2002 at Cedar Point and exactly one year later top thrill dragster opened.

• Like 4

Just now, pkiridesmaint said:

Incorrect, wicked twister opened in 2002 at Cedar Point and exactly one year later top thrill dragster opened.

How’s that incorrect? I said in years and 18 years ago seems significant. This was during the coaster wars & Cedar Point is the flagship park.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

Looks like a lot of activity happening on the ground... buy I can't make out what they're doing.

When I was looking at some air shots I saw something that looked like a piece to a tunnel. Saw that piece moving earlier today. Any ideas what that could be?

Something to keep in mind:

Thunder Road was removed in 2015 and Copperhead Strike didn't open until 2019.

Skyrider closed in 2014 and Yukon Striker didn't open until 2019. 

I do hope that something fills The Vortex plot of land sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't get your hopes up since we are getting Orion next year. Also, some people on other forum sites brought up the idea of something like Forbidden Frontier at Cedar Point.

Edit: I posted this in the appropriate thread. 

• Like 3

Just now, CedarIslander said:

Awesome pic! But I have a stupid question... why didn't they extend the cat walk to the end of that last track piece? 

The catwalk comes in sections, if they put up another section there would be nothing to support it.

• Like 1