Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 minute ago, Snowball said:

I just noticed they've started painting all of the maintenance sheds to match CHAOS and FOF. When did that happen?

I think they started that like a week ago. What I would love for them to do someday is move the maintenance/storage area to where that building is behind Orion and turn the current buildings and area into an interactive type attraction. Think Forbidden Frontier at CP, but with an Area 51/space/military vibe. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@sixohdieselrage you flying around up there right now?  Have some tissues with you?

Now I'm imagining him switching it up and going by helicopter for pictures and then hovering by the Eiffel Tower to clean off the lenses of the 2 cameras.  

Just wait until the freezing rains we get this winter. 

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@sixohdieselrage you flying around up there right now?  Have some tissues with you?

Hey! Now you know how KI puts the fake spiderwebs up high! We are just a little late this year with some of them. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Now I'm imagining him switching it up and going by helicopter for pictures and then hovering by the Eiffel Tower to clean off the lenses of the 2 cameras.  

Just wait until the freezing rains we get this winter. 

First, I get accused of being a troll for SIX (haha at the name), now I'm told I may be in a helicopter. What a fun life I have. Lol

10 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Somehow I don't think the park would approve of that. :lol:

Nah. They get upset over something as little as pictures, so flying that close would definitely be a big no-no. (For any KI higherups: I still love you Kings Island. That was a joke. I understand why, and I'll still respect what you guys want.)

Hey, we're just simply giving the public what they want.

Watching a modern engineering work of art go up without obstructions- serious business. 

On a more curious note- does anyone know why they'd be covering the ground with what looks like big wooden boards?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Hey @sixohdieselrage I can't tell you the number of times I've been in the park and saw an airplane fly by and immediately thought "Is that Sixohdieselrage?" Or I also saw hot air balloons from the ET and was like "Maybe sixohdieselrage is trying something new lol."

Try living super close to the park. Every time a plane flies towards the park: "Oh I wonder if we're getting aerial pics soon?". :lol:

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Try living super close to the park. Every time a plane flies towards the park: "Oh I wonder if we're getting aerial pics soon?". :lol:

I actually do live close to the park. You can actually get to my neighborhood by taking back roads by Kings High School down by the powder factory. I can see the fireworks from my bedroom window during the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

04F97712-1EED-47D4-9DED-5F9E51975678.jpeg

Nice!  The only reason I knew this was because I previously calculated the highest point of the brake run and found it would be about the same height as The Racer's lift hill.  And when I was at KI last weekend and rode The Racer, I realized the Orion lift hill portion there now was about the same height as The Racer's lift hill.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, VisibleConcern said:

I do believe they kept Firehawk's queue standing, and you could see it from WindSeeker earlier in the season. not sure if it's still up though

Firehawk's Que is going to be overflow for FoF per the Blueprints.

• Like 2

Just now, KI FANATIC 37 said:

And normally they do not pour the concrete for the queue until much later in the process. 

I may be incorrect but I believe they didn't pour Banshee queue until like February. 

You might be right I was just not sure why the cement truck came in that way. I didn't see where it went.

Also T-Bone is back baby!  Clifford must be coming soon!

• Like 5