Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

Recommended Posts

There is a Facebook post from Tony’s Welding and Fabrication, LLC on their work with the station steel placement.  Based on the post, it sounds like their work is nearly done.  Max may be leaving us soon.  I encourage you all to look them up and view their photos, they are awesome.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodistict said:

Good morning everybody! It sure is a nice one today.

Screenshot (166).png

Yeah, nice and cold! It was in the 30's at my house this morning! Anyone going to the park today, stay warm!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the double post. After watching the cam for some time the park looks absolutely dead. Guess the cold weather is keeping people away?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

Sorry for the double post. After watching the cam for some time the park looks absolutely dead. Guess the cold weather is keeping people away?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

A lot of people end up coming later in the evening during Haunt.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

A lot of people end up coming later in the evening during Haunt.

Can confirm this. Showed up to the park last year during Haunt on a Saturday, rode everything except Firehawk at least once. Diamondback and Mystic Timbers were 5 minute waits or less early on. Then around 2pm the crowds began to kick in, those 5 minute waits became 30...45...and then by the time Haunt began they were up to an hour. Granted the ride crews at KI have also been doing a great job so the longest I actually had to wait was 1 hour for a Beast night ride, Mystic Timbers was only a 45 minute wait in spite of being listed at 75 since the ride crew was getting trains out very fast.

Then around 11pm, people begin to leave usually, so the lines ease up a bit around this time- though they don't go back to how short they were in the morning, they will go from say a 60 minute wait for Beast to about 30'ish towards close. If you don't mind staying late, you can sometimes grab 2-3 extra night rides on coasters and stuff if you get lucky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't sure if those patterns were still true or not honestly. I remember that being the case when I used to work at the park in rides. Thanks for the info everyone :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beast Night Rider said:

They finished the catwalk on the rest of the brake run today. Excited to see what they start working on next this upcoming week.

They already have moved more brake run track to be set up later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My three favorite photo ops in one pic: a beautiful sunrise, low hanging fog, and a gorgeous coaster! Good morning, everyone!

Screenshot_20191013-072754.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I plan to be there after church today to check this out for myself. I have not been to the park since the announcement so this will end the streak. 

Me too, I hope I can get some zoomed in pics of Orion from the telescope with out it breaking this time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I plan to be there after church today to check this out for myself. I have not been to the park since the announcement so this will end the streak. 

Good luck, I just attempted to go, the line of cars going in was two wide, bumper to bumper all the way down Kings Island Dr in both directions. I don't need to see it that badly lol. It's bring a friend day so I assume that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jcovelli said:

Good luck, I just attempted to go, the line of cars going in was two wide, bumper to bumper all the way down Kings Island Dr in both directions. I don't need to see it that badly lol. It's bring a friend day so I assume that's why.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flight of Fear is in the process of being repainted. There is a new coat on the hangar doors and the blue stripe around the building.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Flight of Fear is in the process of being repainted. There is a new coat on the hangar doors and the blue stripe around the building.

I am not seeing what you saw. I was by there earlier and I see no evidence of painting.  Everything looks the same to me and the blue has water stains and scuffed in a few places. I could be wrong, but the hangar door, I am pretty sure was repainted before this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am not seeing what you saw. I was by there earlier and I see no evidence of painting.  Everything looks the same to me and the blue has water stains and scuffed in a few places. I could be wrong, but the hangar door, I am pretty sure was repainted before this season.

I’ve attached a photo from April 14 of this year and a photo from today.

I went up and touched the hangar door and it is fresh paint. Two paint buckets are hidden behind the fog machine in the outer left corner.

4BC1EC0E-B2A3-4CD4-B382-BC840B84AF50.jpeg

8E22B839-D51B-4A5B-BB57-8CCDF8F0744D.jpeg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense they would be sprucing up the area with the new ride coming. I'm just so glad Flight of Fear is still around---amazing ride to this day.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...