IndyGuy4KI

Orion Construction Photos

So, I see the lift and the station track, but has the pre-lift track been laid? To explain what I mean, I’ll use Diamondback as an example. Coming out of the station, Diamondback has a piece of straight track before ascending the lift (and afterwards, there is one piece that curves to start the lift). For Orion, I see straight track (station track and afterwards) and the lift track, but I’m having trouble seeing the track piece where the straight track angles and connects with the lift. It should theoretically be there as the lift has been started, but it’s hard to see. Thanks!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

So, I see the lift and the station track, but has the pre-lift track been laid? To explain what I mean, I’ll use Diamondback as an example. Coming out of the station, Diamondback has a piece of straight track before ascending the lift (and afterwards, there is one piece that curves to start the lift). For Orion, I see straight track (station track and afterwards) and the lift track, but I’m having trouble seeing the track piece where the straight track angles and connects with the lift. It should theoretically be there as the lift has been started, but it’s hard to see. Thanks!

Yep it has been installed

https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/kings-island-gives-sneak-peek-of-orion-construction

F93398C5-ABAD-4758-B8B9-BD60054CBE6C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

ALright alright alrighttttt. Another week. More then likely the week the Big Ole Cliff comes together, hoping for an exciting week! What do yall think is going to happen before next friday?

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

ALright alright alrighttttt. Another week. More then likely the week the Big Ole Cliff comes together, hoping for an exciting week! What do yall think is going to happen before next friday?

I would imagine the big crane will be put together to say the least.

EDIT: Looks like the white-blue crane is assembling the larger red one while the yellow crane is working on the brake run.

Good morning everyone. I have had a very long 3 day weekend. 2 weddings back to back days ugh.  Haha I am ready for a good week of Orion track installs.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I saw anyone confirm it, but these pieces stacked here are definitely going to form the roof of the station.  There were quite a few of these pieces stacked here.

Untitled.png

• Like 3

I think it would be very neat if they paint gray with blue strip on the Flight of Fear and water tower to give Orion and Flight of Fear areas more spectacular. I used Photoshop to color it. ;)

KI.jpg

• Like 8

anyone else catch themselves just calling it "ryan" . 

SteVe for steel vengeance 

can i propose our Blue Boy be called Ryan lol

• Like 6

Zeus is getting the top section of the crane installed right now. He may be able to be used by tomorrow or Wednesday!

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 we can't have every red crane named Clifford. The real Clifford is still out there on another job site. :D

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Only if I can call it The Bee. lol:P

The Bee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

36 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Well someone at work called it "the coaster replacing Vortex" during my lunch break soooo..... at least Ryan is closer to correct info.

A couple pics I took Saturday night. I thought it looked pretty cool with the moonlight.

20191012_200823.jpg

20191012_200416.jpg

• Like 10

@Jallie79 still using a flip phone I see lol

Just messing thank you to all of you who share your pics it is really greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well this is just amazing.  I think I might shed a few tears.

• Like 2