Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

37 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

I wish RMC would topper track The Beast. New track and new trains. keep the same layout... maybe take out the trims also. They need to do something soon. I always feel like that thing could loose a few wheels and you wouldn't even notice.

If this were Twitter I would say enjoy the ratio.  :D  

All woodies require more maintenance that the park’s “fiscal spending plan” will allow.  (See what I did there.  :ph34r:)

I wish RMC would topper track The Beast. New track and new trains. keep the same layout... maybe take out the trims also. They need to do something soon. I always feel like that thing could loose a few wheels and you wouldn't even notice.

No thanks. You don’t put crappy topper track on something as classic as The Beast.

It wasn’t that long ago where we watched as they rebuilt sections of it during the off season. I have zero concerns and am not interested in topper track for any of our coasters. It will change the experience as a whole, and not in a good way.
  • Like 8

Looks like they have put together quite a few lift hill supports. You can see them all laying together near the bottom of the big drop.  There are also quite a few supports that have been put together behind the break run.  Once the other two cranes are built and thee supports are all put together, there is gonna be an amazing day of seeing the lift hill go up. Perhaps sometime next week even. This is really fun to watch. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rockfrog33 said:

Ttd was also topped off by crane, although I'm not sure the model used.spacer.png

Credit, cpfansite.com

Saw this while i was catching up. We have cranes certified to lift weight like that to 500ish feet I dont know the exact number I know its 520 but not sure how much more. After that the Helicopter gets involved. UNLESS the coaster is attached to a building and they can attach a building crane. Here is Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas. Highly recommend these rides. But at 950 feet up. Helicopter brought these parts up.

x-scream.jpg

• Like 4

I may be wrong, but is there a crew putting in a nice sized tree kinda near FoF and kind of in front of the lift hill. Makes sense they would try to plant as many as possible as soon as possible so they can establish roots and start to grow some next season.  

Meanwhile to the far left they are preparing another piece of break run so that it can be installed soon.  Things are really moving today. I am going to the Buckeyes game in Chicago against Northwestern, but will try to follow this as much as possible tomorrow and Fri. I really hope I don't miss the lift hill getting installed more. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Saw this while i was catching up. We have cranes certified to lift weight like that to 500ish feet I dont know the exact number I know its 520 but not sure how much more. After that the Helicopter gets involved. UNLESS the coaster is attached to a building and they can attach a building crane. Here is Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas. Highly recommend these rides. But at 950 feet up. Helicopter brought these parts up.

x-scream.jpg

I've been to the stratosphere. I actually stayed in the hotel there, but I rode 2/3 of the rides. The swing ride wasn't working when I went. We also didn't fork over the money for me to do the sky jump. But I did the seesaw ride and the S&S Drop Tower and they were both fun even though those aren't coaster credits.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I really hope we get at least one but hopefully two sections of lift hill before haunt ends. I cant wait to see the photos of the track sticking out from different angles inside the park.

I'm not a Haunt kind of guy... when does it end? Halloween night?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I've been to the stratosphere. I actually stayed in the hotel there, but I rode 2/3 of the rides. The swing ride wasn't working when I went. We also didn't fork over the money for me to do the sky jump. But I did the seesaw ride and the S&S Drop Tower and they were both fun even though those aren't coaster credits.

Very fun rides. The seesaw was the first one i did and looking down that far was insane. The swings were the craziest to me. You swing so far out from the building the Pedestal of the tower looks bent or curved. But the Drop Tower was by far the scariest thing that i had done. VERY RARELY i get scared on a ride (Except drop slides them sum bi**** get me everytime) But that Drop Tower in the dark that cold desert night and knowing i was 1000 feet up. Really got me nervous. Did it two more times. and Those are some of my favorite "enthusiast credits" not coasters but def something you wan to try as an enthusiast 

19 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

I may be wrong, but is there a crew putting in a nice sized tree kinda near FoF and kind of in front of the lift hill. Makes sense they would try to plant as many as possible as soon as possible so they can establish roots and start to grow some next season.  

That tree as always been there. That is a cement  placement truck. The boom on that truck filsl with cement and they can put in tight places an actual cement truck can't get too.

• Like 1

The tree just made it look weir. They are indeed placing another massive support for the lift hill. 

Looks like someone welding on the bottom of the lift hill, at the start of the course.  

TO the far left they are loading a piece. Not sure if its lift hill or break run, but its getting moved to where they need it today, so we should know soon enough. I hope they record all this and are able to do a time lapse of the construction of this thing!

27 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I really hope we get at least one but hopefully two sections of lift hill before haunt ends. I cant wait to see the photos of the track sticking out from different angles inside the park.

They've stated that they want the lift hill topped off the first week of November, so I would imagine you'll see more sections of the lift and drop put into place before Haunt ends. 

Edited by CedarIslander
  • Like 2

Once they get those bottoms cemented in, which they are doing currently behind that tree ( I thought they were putting in a tree! D'oh!), then I think they will put another lift hill piece in place to support the further building of that monster. I think one more lift hill piece gets put in place by the weekend, or start of next week.  

1 minute ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Could we see another lift section go up this week?

I think if they can get the Artemis ready. I think it may be next week before we see anything else. I am guess for the next sections the cherry pickers can't reach  so all cranes will be needed.

• Like 5

Agree. I think they want the other crane built, then they will finish those supports behind the tree. Meanwhile another piece of break run could go in. I kinda wish I could see all the way to the right, because I know stuff is going on, but its more prep stuff I assume. The third crane will be needed for the top I assume though. 

• Like 1

I don’t think we will see anymore brake run anytime soon. That would put stuff directly in the paths they are using to drop off additional crane parts. Unless they do work further down the circuit, I think the only thing we see going forward for a while is the hill and the drop.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Is that the white crane that was in the parking lot on the far left in middle just behind the trees? Its seems to be making its way across but I could be wrong.  

You mean that building back in the trees just above the lift hill?