Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Hey @sixohdieselrage you planning to go flying soon? Didn't you also tell me you have permission to fly over the park during the off season? I can't wait! 

More than likely. 

I do, but I also will not be uploading every single picture I take. They will also be ran through the park first before posted, out of respect. 

• Like 5

I like that they are trying to preserve as many trees as possible with this layout compared to Diamondback where they seemingly just took out everything in a half mile radius.

Obviously a lot trees were still taken out but it doesn't appear that they are taking anything out that is not necessary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rivertown Rider said:

^ It is usually open the first few weeks of Haunt then it closes down for Winterfest prep.

Sweet!  KI is becoming a weekly trip for us, planning visits every weekend of Haunt so I'll grab what I can photo wise until they cut off rides to the top

• Like 5

22 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Depending on how far we can see on it at least...

Good thing about the off-season, we can fly 500 feet lower. :-)

Thats a rule? You have to fly 500 feet higher when the park is open? How would they be able to tell? Is there airplane police lol all the flying makes me so curious. If you dont mind me asking how much does it cost to take off and fly over KI? Where do you take off from? Can you take passengers? Possibly Passengers with a RED camera to film :lol:

I'm not going to lie, every day I jump on the KI website to see if that new cam is up yet. I have to imagine that they'll start going vertical in the near future. The footers are there, and there is steel showing up. I'm still stoked for a new ride experience. Can not wait for next season 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

The only thing with this new coaster is the insanely high brake run. Seems typical of the B&M giga I guess to take off some of the workload off the brakes but it just looks extremely odd. 

Is there anything with a taller brake run?  We can call that the record breaker that a minority are asking for

• Haha 2

I personally can't wait to see what the area will look like with the Area 72 retheme.  What's everyone's thought process on it. 

I am on the fence as to weither or not it's eventually going to be an entire new area (extending down to the old DA entrance).  I dont think we'll see that during this off season though.  I still feel that they are eventually planning to move the maintenance shop out to the new building that was built earlier this year and removing the current shop.  Don't really wanna see much past the end of Racer though.  I think the fact the turnaround is secluded (sort of) will add to this ride.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

I personally can't wait to see what the area will look like with the Area 72 retheme.  What's everyone's thought process on it. 

I am on the fence as to weither or not it's eventually going to be an entire new area (extending down to the old DA entrance).  I dont think we'll see that during this off season though.  I still feel that they are eventually planning to move the maintenance shop out to the new building that was built earlier this year and removing the current shop.  Don't really wanna see much past the end of Racer though.  I think the fact the turnaround is secluded (sort of) will add to this ride.

I greatly look forward to that part. The Beast, and Diamondback being out away from ambient light when you're doing a dark ride is AMAZING. 

• Like 3

They are putting up what looks to be a building about 2/3 the way down the ride in the woods.  You can see the concrete from the Blue racer.   What will that be?

Probably for the trims if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JonahWilliamson said:

When I have kids they getting grounded if they talk about trims. So are we confirmed getting a trim brake on that floater hill?

If he’s talking about the large slab of concrete on the back half I think that’s just a large footer.

• Like 1