Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Thats a rule? You have to fly 500 feet higher when the park is open? How would they be able to tell? Is there airplane police lol all the flying makes me so curious. If you dont mind me asking how much does it cost to take off and fly over KI? Where do you take off from? Can you take passengers? Possibly Passengers with a RED camera to film :lol:

Air traffic control can tell with radar.

• Thanks 2

On 8/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Air traffic control can tell with radar.

Air traffic controller here. And yes, we can tell most of the time. That doesn't mean we police a guy that's flying VFR. The pilot of the aircraft does not have to talk to us so long as he/she isn't in Class Bravo/Charlie/Delta airspace. 

I honestly don't care what Joe Pilot does flying his Skyhawk (Cessna not Cedar Point's screamin' swing).

• Like 5

On 8/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, lifetimecoaster said:

I'm not going to lie, every day I jump on the KI website to see if that new cam is up yet. I have to imagine that they'll start going vertical in the near future. The footers are there, and there is steel showing up. I'm still stoked for a new ride experience. Can not wait for next season 

I'm going to guess the Station and transfer track will be the first part to go vertical. It is the part that requires the most work even after it has been built.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chuck norris said:

I live nearby. We saw a truck delivering more track this morning. Looked like the start of the lift hill piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it this piece?  This was on I-275 this morning.  Photo courtesy of Megan Horwarth on Facebook (permission to post photo was granted)

6A1E238F-6FE8-44C4-9765-74F714E36F8E.jpeg

• Like 10

On 8/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, JonahWilliamson said:

Thats a rule? You have to fly 500 feet higher when the park is open? How would they be able to tell? Is there airplane police lol all the flying makes me so curious. If you dont mind me asking how much does it cost to take off and fly over KI? Where do you take off from? Can you take passengers? Possibly Passengers with a RED camera to film :lol:

I literally just saw this...

Yes. As a general rule, 1,000 feet for congested areas, 500 feet uncongested. Congested meaning crowded. 

Its actually pretty visible. Any radar in the area can tell. All KI would need to do is contact the FAA. 

The airplane police is the FAA. 

Not as much as you think. But still enough. 

I dont want to give our take-off location away. 

RED camera? What if it is BLUE?

• Like 5

Still can't wait for  the web cam! lol I wish I loved closer so I could see this on the roads lol

I agree, track on the trailers looks good because it is finally headed to KI, also can’t wait for a construction cam that I can keep up on my desktop at work.

• Like 3

you have a psuedo one now if you watch the Banshee cam

But that is already built, I want to see new stuff going up big time! It would be nice if they had several cams because of large layout but any will be a great start. Come on September!!

29 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

It's a semi truck... 65 is stretching it on 275 and or 71 don't you think?

They can run 75mph. It just depends on the owner settings. 

2 minutes ago, FlyMartyFly said:

Does anyone know about how many pieces of track this coaster is made of? Don’t recall any guesstimates!

Less than Beast but more than Surf Dog. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, FlyMartyFly said:

Does anyone know about how many pieces of track this coaster is made of? Don’t recall any guesstimates!

I am going to say right around 110, you figure the normal flatbed trailer is 48 feet long, and the track pieces are roughly the same size, the track length is 5321÷48= 110 and some change. Now some track pieces could be slightly longer, or shorter, but 110 should be pretty close.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, FlyMartyFly said:

But that is already built, I want to see new stuff going up big time! It would be nice if they had several cams because of large layout but any will be a great start. Come on September!!

I know but the road they use to bring track and equipment is in sight.   It is the area where we saw the first piece of track coming in the other day.

• Like 1

I know but the road they use to bring track and equipment is in sight.   It is the area where we saw the first piece of track coming in the other day.

Got it, just hard to keep my eyes on the screen waiting, if we had some proximity sensors set up we would know when to look. Haha