Sign in to follow this  
Maverick44

Kings Dominion 2020

1 hour ago, goettablitz said:

LOL, I dunno what is replacing the other large attraction that met its untimely demise recently?

I honestly think they'll play if safe and get something reliable like a B&M coaster, which takes time to plan. With BGW not too far away there's not much left from B&M to choose from so a wing coaster would be the most likely choice in my opinion. 

Not sure where the wave pool was in relation to Volcano (I’ve only been there once), but I’m thinking something big could span both plots of land...

Kings Dominion is missing a mat racer slide.  It's the only slide complex I can think of Cedar Fair adding in recent memory other than the drop slides which KD already has.  http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/ has a theory that they'll eventually move all of the waterpark to the other side of Racer 75.  That makes sense to me as the 2 slide towers left on the other side are originals.  Interestingly, KI has the same slides which are also originals.  However, I hope they can move the Proslide tube ride or replace it with the modern version https://www.proslide.com/rides/pipeline/.  It's a great starter water slide for kids and still lots of fun.  The old body slides can go.  Water coasters don't seem to be Cedar Fair's thing. 

I think this is a sign that Volcano's removal truly was a last minute decision as they clearly had other 2020 plans on the books.

There's no way the wave pool site would be combined with the Volcano site.  However, the old waterpark site could be.  Is it conceivable that Cedar Fair would add a B&M Hyper in the same park as I305? It could go right over top of Backlot like Behemoth does.

Edit: To further this thought, they could move the park entrance of the waterpark to between Apple Zapple and Twisted Timbers.  Add a parking lot behind TT and you're all set.  I'm sure the long walk from the parking lot to the waterpark is a huge deterrent for people.  It would be for me.  Trips to the waterpark with kids requires a lot of stuff.

I do think a B&M Hyper would be a fine addition to the park considering B&M hypers are probably the biggest crowd pleasers ever created....  personally a hyper would be what I’m rooting for but as many like to point out Apollo’s chariot is in the same state so who knows.

I'm hoping someone more familiar with Kings Dominion knows, what is all of this in red?  Old Lion Country Safari?  I'm assuming the park doesn't own the area in yellow?

Picture1.jpg