does Kings Island typically extend the gold pass buying window?

vermillionlove

I won't be able to renew my pass by midnight, but I could do it by tuesday. I'm really depressed about this since I've had a pass since 2009. it's the same card, even.

I remember at least one time in the past, seeing a commercial about them extending the period of time that you can buy a gold pass. do they typically do this? I hope they do this year :( yeah, I know i should have taken care of it sooner...

2 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Could you do the payment plan... Pay a portion now to secure gold and then you could just pay it off Tuesday (or you could do the payments)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately, we don't even have enough for the first payment right now.

Unfortunately it appears as though this deadline is for real. The web site is only selling regular passes now. Those passes do nor include parking and are only good through Labor Day. You can always purchase a Platinum Pass ($222 at the time of this writing, subject to change) which includes all of the Gold benefits as well as that same entitlement at all Cedar Fair parks.

2 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

If I was to buy a platinum pass Kings Island can you use it at Knotts Berry Farm on the 1st of the year or do you have to wait for your home park to open. 

Are you saying buy a 2020 pass this fall and use it at Knotts in January?

32 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Correct.  I wasnt sure if you had to wait for your home parks season to go active before your pass would work at the other parks. 

I was able to use my platinum pass at Knott's in 2017.  The meal plan worked as well.  The only thing that was a bummer was that the all park drink plan had not rolled out yet, so if I wanted a soft drink, I had to pay full fare for it.

If it's a renewal, I believe you should be okay. I renewed my pass in fall of 2017 and used it in April 2018 at Knott's (before KI's season started) without issue.

If it's a new pass... I want to assume you'll be okay, but Cedar Fair's pass system works in mysterious ways.