No Trams

MaestroJr

2 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

Yeah, I know that now.  At the time, I had zero knowledge of the business behind it.  

If Kings Island still owned the golf course across the highway I could see them having shuttle buses to go around the area like at Cedar Point but Kings Island is not a Resort Park; not at this time anyway.

In hindsight I’m surprised the park ever had trams in the first place...waiting for one to come by took longer than simply walking to the park. (Yes, I’m old enough to remember them in their prime.)
if you think about how much you are walking around in the park all day, the walk to and from your car is nothing!
That is until you carry your 4 year old all the way out. It feels like ten miles and 100lbs. It's amazing how fast they can move going to and through PS but then no motivation to walk to the car .

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 5:43 AM, standbyme said:

In hindsight I’m surprised the park ever had trams in the first place...waiting for one to come by took longer than simply walking to the park. (Yes, I’m old enough to remember them in their prime.)

if you think about how much you are walking around in the park all day, the walk to and from your car is nothing!

Kings Island's parking lot isn't huge, and the app alleviates the problem of having to remember where you parked. 

But I do wish they had the trams. It would make a big difference with kids. It's nerve-wracking to walk with them through the parking lot, especially at night when people are often not paying attention to where they're going and kids have a tendency to run and wander. Also, at the end of the day, us and our kids are usually so tired from walking that a tram would be a great way to ease our legs a bit and restore our energy before the drive back to the hotel. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cdubbs727 said:

Kings Island's parking lot isn't huge, and the app alleviates the problem of having to remember where you parked. 

But I do wish they had the trams. It would make a big difference with kids. It's nerve-wracking to walk with them through the parking lot, especially at night when people are often not paying attention to where they're going and kids have a tendency to run and wander. Also, at the end of the day, us and our kids are usually so tired from walking that a tram would be a great way to ease our legs a bit and restore our energy before the drive back to the hotel. 

The trams didn't take you directly to your car, they had designated pick up and drop off spots.  You still had to navigate the parking lot rows.

2 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

That is until you carry your 4 year old all the way out. 

In the “it’s a small world department”, I also have a 4 year old that I carry out! But, since he likes shoulder rides it’s no big deal...and I know I will miss giving them once he’s too big...so i’m enjoying it while I can. :)

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, standbyme said:

In the “it’s a small world department”, I also have a 4 year old that I carry out! But, since he likes shoulder rides it’s no big deal...and I know I will miss giving them once he’s too big...so i’m enjoying it while I can. :)

I tried to add this to the other post, but it wouldn't let me move the quote, so double post.

Yeah, the last time we went to Disney, the then 10 year old wanted me to carry her like I used to....  Not happening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The trams didn't take you directly to your car, they had designated pick up and drop off spots.  You still had to navigate the parking lot rows.

Very true. But parking close to our car an navigating one row is easier and safer than walking across the whole parking lot at night, especially when you have young people driving like maniacs trying to get to the exit. 

1 minute ago, cdubbs727 said:

Very true. But parking close to our car an navigating one row is easier and safer than walking across the whole parking lot at night, especially when you have young people driving like maniacs trying to get to the exit. 

The drop off spots were few and far between.  A few spots it was shorter to walk to front gate than tram spot.  But almost always shorter time to just walk to gate that to wait for tram.  Plus, the old tram spots pretty much forced you to walk between cars in the rows to get to your car which is much more dangerous compared to walking at the end of a row until you get to your row...

5 hours ago, Cmhornblessed said:

That is until you carry your 4 year old all the way out. It feels like ten miles and 100lbs. It's amazing how fast they can move going to and through PS but then no motivation to walk to the car emoji16.png.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Can confirm, lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Taking a comparison of parking and then walking to the gate at KI and parking and walking to the Ticket and Transpo center at Disney World, KI is a cake walk.  Disney makes sense, and I remember the trams at KI and it took longer to wait for everyone to load strollers and everything else up than to just walk to the gate

With the trams it’s not always going to be best for people who can. It was always a way to help people who have trouble. You have kids and no stroller? Doesn’t matter if it’s 2 rows or 30 it’s a long haul. If you are older and need frequent breaks but didn’t park in handicap, the tram helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk