Bathroom Doors?

Fye Coasters

Hey guys might sound like a not important topic, but ever since the return of WinterFest, has anyone noticed the bathroom doors. So as you know most of Ki's restrooms arent air controlled. I remember they used to have the stoppers on them. Now they are not on there and you almost get slammed in the face when you are trying to walk out, and the ones with no air smell really bad. I know it might not be a big deal but just wanted to know if anyone else saw this too? 

Funny that you mention that. I put a suggestion in at GS to forward to that department, to please leave the doors open. The stench is terrible, I hate to touch the door when I leave, it felt like 115 degrees in there. I hope not to spend extended amounts of time in the bathroom (lol) but I feel so bad for the attendant that has to.
I also wish that they would use a splatter guard in the urinals. I often stop at Pilot truck stops for gas on the way up, and they have a deodorizing splash guard that keeps urine IN the urinals which is sanitary and prevents odor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Funny that you mention that. I put a suggestion in at GS to forward to that department, to please leave the doors open. The stench is terrible, I hate to touch the door when I leave, it felt like 115 degrees in there. I hope not to spend extended amounts of time in the bathroom (lol) but I feel so bad for the attendant that has to.
I also wish that they would use a splatter guard in the urinals. I often stop at Pilot truck stops for gas on the way up, and they have a deodorizing splash guard that keeps urine IN the urinals which is sanitary and prevents odor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As someone who has attended those rest rooms, you don't want that job, although it is one of the highest paid seasonal positions in the park.  Pulling the trash bags is worse than the bathrooms though.

• Like 2

When they did the remodels and added heat for Winterfest, likely they did not add AC due to budget constraints.  Without ventilation the bathrooms smell horrible and are super warm the extremely hot weather.  It would be nice to leave (or chain open) the doors to allow at least some type of ventilation when there is no AC present (a wish list for next season please add AC to the restrooms!)

• Like 1

I noticed the restroom just outside the gate had AC on last week.  By extension, the womens and mens just inside the gate should too, since the are not in dedicated buildings.  Also, the restroom by Chicken Shack has AC.  For the rest, they should at least add some ventilation systems for the odor and the heat.  Leaving the doors open would help some in the immediate term though.  They should also install automatic flushers on the urinals.  Many people don't flush, because, let's face it, what has that hand just touched?  That leads to a build-up of urine in the urinal, not to mention all the splashed urine on the wall and floor.  I did my part!  I faced guest services with an embarrassing suggestion!  LOL

By the way, the restrooms at KK, the last time I was there, were ICE COLD, had auto-flushers on the urinals, and the non-splash urinal pads.  ;)  

• Sad 1

I agree they could be better in some ways, but they are far and away 10 times better than the bathrooms at 6 flags over Texas and St Louis. Even the bathrooms by BLSC, which are usually not in that great of condition are better than any bathroom at either of these parks

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I noticed the restroom just outside the gate had AC on last week.  By extension, the womens and mens just inside the gate should too, since the are not in dedicated buildings.  Also, the restroom by Chicken Shack has AC.  For the rest, they should at least add some ventilation systems for the odor and the heat.  Leaving the doors open would help some in the immediate term though.  They should also install automatic flushers on the urinals.  Many people don't flush, because, let's face it, what has that hand just touched?  That leads to a build-up of urine in the urinal, not to mention all the splashed urine on the wall and floor.  I did my part!  I faced guest services with an embarrassing suggestion!  LOL

By the way, the restrooms at KK, the last time I was there, were ICE COLD, had auto-flushers on the urinals, and the non-splash urinal pads.  ;)  

I wish there was an emoji for vomit lol the " splash" yuck .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, fryoj said:

If they didn't have heat, they would have had to added it to use them in the winter or Water lines could freeze. 

They did have heat before Winterfest. On Banshee's Media Day it was 36 degrees when the event started (I remember this quite well because I was a stupid idiot and wore shorts) and I and a few others were standing in the bathrooms to keep warm as they were the only heated buildings that were open during that event.

Also, they had done Winterfest before so the bathrooms would have needed heat back then too. Pretty much all of the restrooms in the park today were there when Winterfest had its first run. Kings Island doesn't add bathrooms very often - a truth that is very sadly apparent when you take one look in X-Base. Er, sorry... Area 72.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:15 PM, Cmhornblessed said:

I agree they could be better in some ways, but they are far and away 10 times better than the bathrooms at 6 flags over Texas and St Louis. Even the bathrooms by BLSC, which are usually not in that great of condition are better than any bathroom at either of these parks

What timeframe was this at SFSTL?  When I frequented from 2011-2014 they were the most impeccably cleaned restrooms I have ever seen.  10x better than anything at KI or CP.  Since then I have only been a few times but never had any issues.  Management and priorities change so sad to hear if things have fallen apart recently.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

Bringing this topic back... Yeah I've noticed every time I went to CP the floors were always soaked... I figured it was burst not to question or ask because I was sure I wouldn't like the answer lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They also have a lot of wax on those floors so they do look wet even when they aren't...and the floor pattern really exaggerates this look.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
What timeframe was this at SFSTL?  When I frequented from 2011-2014 they were the most impeccably cleaned restrooms I have ever seen.  10x better than anything at KI or CP.  Since then I have only been a few times but never had any issues.  Management and priorities change so sad to hear if things have fallen apart recently.  
It was later in August last year and it could have been an off day, but they seemed very dirty and old..

• Like 1