Is The Beast a great coaster?

Thunder21

@Maverick44 whats wrong with this thread? The way I see it this forum is verging on dead activity wise, why not allow threads to blossom and fail on their own?

Personally I do think The Beast is a bit too rough. That ride needs some love. I've had some pretty good rides on it but I've also had some abysmal rides as well. When I go to the park with my wife we avoid it like the plague because it's almost always a day ender for her. I've been on it maybe 5 times this season and had one ride that was so terrible I almost swore it off completely. The thing is trimmed to hell, and the tracks really need some attention. After leaving the second lift hill and heading towards that shed it always feels to me like I'm about to be in a terrible accident, the thang needs work. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Beast has felt quite rough for me, especially those tunnels. But it's still enjoyable since I keep coming back for more. The magic seat was the best for sure, but with how the ride operators assign seats I can't always get it so I've skipped out on it the past few times. Really gotta change up my routine a bit and ride it at night to experience that.

6 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

@Maverick44 whats wrong with this thread? The way I see it this forum is verging on dead activity wise, why not allow threads to blossom and fail on their own?

Personally I do think The Beast is a bit too rough. That ride needs some love. I've had some pretty good rides on it but I've also had some abysmal rides as well. When I go to the park with my wife we avoid it like the plague because it's almost always a day ender for her. I've been on it maybe 5 times this season and had one ride that was so terrible I almost swore it off completely. The thing is trimmed to hell, and the tracks really need some attention. After leaving the second lift hill and heading towards that shed it always feels to me like I'm about to be in a terrible accident, the thang needs work. Just my two cents.

I dont know about this one but I have noticed a trend of really old threads being revived lately and I know I'm new here but usually in most forums one does not comment on old dead threads once they reach a certain agreed upon age.  If they do said threads get locked. On another note this forum isn't near as dead as pointbuzz. 

I love The Beast and I prefer to ride it very back row every chance I get. The way the they seem to be enforcing rows this year I dont get to pick my seat near as much. But I have had much worse rides near the middle than I have very back row. The Beast isn't near as rough as Racer or Blue Streak up north.  I could even name quite a few steel coasters "rougher' than The Beast. Invertigo is the worst for me. Its got nasty head banging. Vortex does in some seats. Adventure Express has been really jerky too my past 2 visits. 

About 10 years ago, it was incredibly tame. Not sure if they scaled back the trim brakes or what, but it is great now IMO and more the way I remember as a kid. It's somewhat rough (I can't marathon it), but still a total classic.

It's very painful to me. I still like the ride, but I have to lift my feet a little off the bottom so they're not bumping anything while I ride otherwise it roughs me up too much. I really enjoy riding a roller coaster through the forest, otherwise I probably would have stopped going on it a while ago. I always ride in the front. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:26 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I always sit in the middle of a car on The Beast if I am not sitting in the front seat.  It makes worlds of difference.  I am not a huge fan of The Beast unless its at night. 

I agree that the middle seat is smoother on any 3 bench wooden coaster.