Employee suing for sexual harassment

ohiocoasterfan

47 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Agreed. Due process is a given. Bringing it up seems unsympathetic. What if this happened to someone you care about? A little empathy goes a long way and if you can't do that, just don't come in this thread. Especially if you are here to actively mock people who are defending the accuser. Regarding a sexual assault case, that's really not a good look to have.. 

Due process is a given?

On 7/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, Joshua said:

I hope the abuser and the supervisor who ignored her pleas spend the rest of their lives in the unemployment line.

Maybe you shouldn't come to this thread if you can't comprehend due process. Our entire legal system is based on it and you are perfectly willing to throw it out based on a single news report based on statements from one person's lawyers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Maybe you shouldn't come to this thread if you can't comprehend due process. Our entire legal system is based on it and you are perfectly willing to throw it out based on a single news report based on statements from one person's lawyers. 

At least I don't react to accusations of sexual assault with indifference... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Is she suing for sexual harassment or sexual assault?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

According to the article, she is suing for sexual harassment, but the articles states:

she asked him to stop, but he continued to touch her and make sexual innuendos.

.. which can be considered sexual assault, as it was allegedly non-consensual contact in a sexual manner.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Joshua said:

At least I don't react to accusations of sexual assault with indifference... 

No, you automatically assume the accuser is right and want people's lives ruined without finding out the facts. 

And you should learn the difference between indifference and impartiality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fryoj said:

No, you automatically assume the accuser is right and want people's lives ruined without finding out the facts. 

You know what ruins lives? Sexual harassment. 

I'm not the only one who sounds like they have their mind made up. And you need to learn to get over yourself, because almost every post you make here reads like you think you're better than everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I'm not the only one who sounds like they have their mind made up. 

Oh really? Then how do you explain this definitive statement from your very first reply that convicts the accused? Nobody else made statements like this.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, Joshua said:

I hope the abuser and the supervisor who ignored her pleas spend the rest of their lives in the unemployment line.

11 minutes ago, Joshua said:

because almost every post you make here reads like you think you're better than everyone. 

Self-awareness goes a long way. You're giving off that exact impression to me with your attempts to bring others down for doing what you yourself are doing. Keep pretending you hold the moral high ground but you remain the only person who's made statements that plainly chooses sides in this situation that none of us know anything about, other than what was written in the article. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it's important to remember that the court will make a decision based only on fact.  Documented, provable, cold hard facts.  If the plaintiff's attorney can present these facts that are irrefutable by the defendant(s), she will prevail.  If not, the defendant(s) will.  None of us here know the facts in the case, only what an article has presented, which is generally one-sided because the defendants will not comment on pending legal matters.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Joshua said:

You know what ruins lives? Sexual harassment. 

I'm not the only one who sounds like they have their mind made up. And you need to learn to get over yourself, because almost every post you make here reads like you think you're better than everyone. 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Wolf Like Me said:

Oh really? Then how do you explain this definitive statement from your very first reply that convicts the accused? Nobody else made statements like this.

JubJester made a similar statement. He front-loaded it with "If true." I didn't. In retrospect, I probably should have. I am mostly just bothered by the difference in how the accused is discussed as opposed to the accuser in these situations. With the former, it's "You're condemning this poor man who could be innocent" while with the latter, it is "Why did it take her so long to come forward? Hmmm..  Well I am not saying she is lying, but I am not saying she is telling the truth either." Maybe it seems like I am "pretending to hold the moral high ground," but I am just trying express how I genuinely feel on the matter. If the accused is telling the truth then she may gone through some serious trauma in a place where she should feel safe, and I keep thinking about that. 

(And yes, I understand that can go the other way.)

• Like 1

This entire forum is becoming disgustingly negative, and it seems to be no matter what thread is opened. No wonder you don’t see the old familiar faces around here much anymore. 

Somebody help. Where’s the old KICentral? 

We’re here we just don’t participate nearly as much as we did. For reasons you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

This entire forum is becoming disgustingly negative, and it seems to be no matter what thread is opened. No wonder you don’t see the old familiar faces around here much anymore. 

I am a newer member, but I couldn’t agree more! Often times, when I see a bunch of negativity in a thread, i’lll just mark it as read and go elsewhere.

1 hour ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Old KIC was pretty negative, too. It was just in fewer numbers. Once this new ride comes out it will go down. The negative ones will go away until the following ride, as always.

• Like 5

Disagreeing with each other is not negative.

So far, nobody is wrong.  There are questions that surround the issue at hand from both sides.

It's just that some feel the need that everyone must agree with their way of thinking- which will never happen.

• Like 4

To expect a thread like this to not go poorly is short sighted to say the least. Sexual harassment/ assault is a VERY polarizing topic. You have your "always believe the accuser" camp, and you have your "I need hard facts" camp. Where the line gets blurred is when you attempt to discuss the legal aspects. On one hand, in situations of sexual harassment/ assault, as a human, you should side with the person that FEELS they were harassed/ assaulted. I'm not the judge, I'm not the jury. Did something happen to this woman that made her uncomfortable? Yup. It's that simple. I will side with her on the fact that she was made to feel uncomfortable in her working environment, and went for help and was ignored. We can all agree that she FELT that happened to her, whether a court room, and jury or judge will see it the same, is up to that court room. It's a terribly sad thing to happen to anyone, for any reason.  

• Like 1

@Browntggrr is right with his statement, "Disagreeing with each other is not negative." If we all agreed and thought the same, there would not be a need for a forum to discuss KI and the industry. With that said, this is a hard topic to discuss on a forum. It is hard to almost impossible to understand the tone and emotion another person is try to convey on such a sensitive subject.  I think this thread has ran its course and will now be locked.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2