Blood Drums is Not Returning This Year

JubJester

Just saw this posted on Facebook by Blood Drums themselves. 

Kind of shocked based on how popular the show has been the last couple years. It seems like this was a Kings Island decision not a Street Drum Corps decision. I say that because they posted a comment saying help bring us back by contacting the park.

Not sure about the other parks. I'm pretty bummed out about this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Oof. Blood Drums was awesome, I am gonna miss it. It was one of my favorite things about Haunt the last few years. Last year I still vividly remember riding Diamondback and they had a huge pyro effect go off just as our train came out of the splash zone into the final brakes, then while we got "stacked" on the brake run for a few minutes I watched (could not really see the show but could see the colors and hear it) and listened to the show so it wasn't a problem.

• Like 1

This is unfortunate, but at the same time, I wonder what will replace it (especially since Blood Drums ran so long and seemed to be a popular staple of Haunt). Though in light of this news, last year’s show was fitting as it seemed like a “best of” show as they packed a lot of great music, both old and new, into their set. Here’s one of my favorites from last year:

EDIT: Also paging @Gannersdaddy

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

This is unfortunate, but at the same time, I wonder what will replace it (especially since Blood Drums ran so long and seemed to be a popular staple of Haunt). Though in light of this news, last year’s show was fitting as it seemed like a “best of” show as they packed a lot of great music, both old and new, into their set. Here’s one of my favorites from last year:

EDIT: Also paging @Gannersdaddy

Yeah, I saw the news.  In light of this and going Platinum this year, I am debating whether we will continue of our streak of going every night to Haunt this year.

• 3 weeks later...