CP trip report 7/13/19

XBeastGirlX

Drove to Cedar Point today and got there at early ride time, 9am. Immediately got in line for SV and still had to wait 45 mins, but worth it. Then went over and rode MF and that was 5min wait at 9:45 am, still 15 mins before park open. We rode Valravn which said it was a 15 min wait and had a really short line, but we still waited 45 mins because they were allowing more than half of each train to be Fast Lane holders so regular line was moving pretty slow. Rode GK at around noon and was 45 min wait. Very full queue but the line was almost continuously moving, so not too bad. Decided to call it a day after a few more hours of intense heat on an already sunburned back, and we headed home. Be back in a couple weeks! 

IMG_7111.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

IMG_7131.JPG

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Drove to Cedar Point today and got there at early ride time, 9am. Immediately got in line for SV and still had to wait 45 mins, but worth it.

SV has a 45 min wait before the park even opens? My god. I still haven't been to CP since SV opened and I really want to get on it this summer, not looking forward to the lines though.

4 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Sounds good; did you have a chance to experience Forbidden Frontier?

I did not, unfortunately 

4 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

SV has a 45 min wait before the park even opens? My god. I still haven't been to CP since SV opened and I really want to get on it this summer, not looking forward to the lines though.

Yes, and we entered from the Hotel Breakers entrance at 9am sharp so we were already halfway to the back of the park where SV is, giving us a jumpstart on the people coming in the main entrance. I went opening weekend and got a Fast Lane and it was 100% worth it if you have the extra cash. The ride is not only crazy popular but the loading takes sooooo long to send each train out because of all the checks they have to do on the restraints.

Their FL prices vary so widely here too. We paid $80 each for FLP on opening weekend, but they wanted $155 today (ouch!)