Which do you think will be removed?

Darren Mullins

I posted this on another thread, but I'll post it again. Other than things they might take out in HB, I think PKI has run out of rides to tear down. There are still some older rides, but most of us are convinced that PKI will not touch them any time soon, if at all. Is it really possible that the park will be forced to finally expand into the undeveloped land?

Well, they managed to build Top Gun on rather hilly land. So they could expand by being rather creative. There are still some relatively flat areas that the park can expand onto. I think that of the rides listed Congo Falls would be the first to go. I only see a line for that ride on busy, hot days. As others have said, I don`t foresee any more ride removals for a while. PKI has removed quite a few over the past couple of years. King Cobra, Phantom Theater, Kenton`s Cove Keelboat Canal, Antique Cars, Flying Eagles. While the park has expanded over the past couple seasons, the amount of rides they have has remained relatively unchanged. (With the exception of Boomerang Bay)

I can see FoF getting renovated for a new theme, but not removed, and id rather see TG go and be replaced with a B&M Inverted in its place like PGA's and PC

Someone agrees with me! Ill say it again! B&M Invert like Top Gun at PC or Silver Bullet at KBF, themed to Skycaptain!

I can see FoF getting renovated for a new theme, but not removed, and id rather see TG go and be replaced with a B&M Inverted in its place like PGA's and PC

Someone agrees with me! Ill say it again! B&M Invert like Top Gun at PC or Silver Bullet at KBF, themed to Skycaptain!

yeah! Top Gun or Sky Captain, perfect!

Why is it necessary to have a water ride on that side of the park? I don't think people will start dying of dehydration just because they remove Congo Falls.

Actually Congo Falls is strategically placed. On hot days in the summer, people in AZ dont want to walk all the way across the park and then have to have to wait in line for WWC if they want to cool off. Putting all the water rides in one area(Rivertown) is not good planning. Thats like saying hey lets put all of the coasters in one area and all the food stands in one area. You need to diversify the park so that each area has a little bit of everything in it, or close to it so that it may be accessible. When you do this you get a larger crowd in each area because there are multiple rides that a larger age group can ride. Perfect example is Old Coney. The only thing that they dont have is a water ride, other than that they have a little bit of everything. They have coasters, flat rides, and a good variety of food and games. If all the areas at PKI were like this, each area would have an increase in attendance rather than tons of people just flocking to a particular area all the time.

just because a ride doesn't have an hour wait doesn't mean its not a good ride...everybody loved that ride. it was a great ride for families because everyone can ride it from small kids to adults and still have fun on it everytime. and then you have the acers and coaster enthusiasts who loved that ride because they could snap it..and them taking that out was a huge surprise to me. i would've seen pki taking out Adventure Express or tg before that ride. that just goes to show that pki is capable of tearing down any ride in the park. but at the current moment i don't see them tearing down any other rides because they can squeeze a small ride in some areas they have around the park...and if they did happen to build a very large ride i would see them building on some undeveloped land before tearing down any other rides(or at least i hope that is what they would do) but if they were to take down a ride i would say they'd probably take out one of the flats..especially scrambler or troika..for any of the coasters , the only one i could see taken down is tg..its popular but its not a ride that people connect with pki..people aren't like, oh man lets go to pki they have a killer suspended coaster...no, no one who hasn't been to the park knows about that ride(unless they are an enthusiast) so i would think that would be the first to go..i don't want to see it taken out, i'd like to see some others taken out though(unfortunately a lot of people like sob.. cool.gif )