If PKIU and PKIC Forums Merged?

Dan

But apparently you cant judge on whos the top by capasity (or how many people are on each board) biggrin.gif

What is so nice about having two boards is that the mature conversations are really over at PKIC, but the conversations here are kinda outta control and fun. If you can somehow merge and keep those separate, you would have a kick ass site.

But apparently you cant judge on whos the top by capasity (or how many people are on each board) biggrin.gif

What is so nice about having two boards is that the mature conversations are really over at PKIC, but the conversations here are kinda outta control and fun. If you can somehow merge and keep those separate, you would have a kick ass site.

I agree. We're kind of letting you guys more or less do your own thing now, and it seems that people are starting to come around. I'd like to keep both forums for that.

Just to let you know, if your name is identical on both boards, we do have the ability to merge your account, so if you have 500 on PKIC and 500 on PKIU, your account would be at 1000 posts. Cool, huh?

Personally, I could really care less if they merged or not. It would be more convenient to have only one board, because then you could go to one spot to check out all the discussions on PKI. However, I could see some people leaving either board if they merged. Personally, I would not be against a merged board simply because of convenience.

For the usernames and number of posts. Unfortunatly, the username I have on PKIC is different than the one I have here (its CoastersRZ with an s in it). So I created a new one that is the same as here, minus the capital letters. If they were combined, would the names be case sensitive if they were combined?

I`m looking forward to the changes on here and PKIC. Keep up the great work on the excellent sites!

For the usernames and number of posts. Unfortunatly, the username I have on PKIC is different than the one I have here (its CoastersRZ with an s in it). So I created a new one that is the same as here, minus the capital letters. If they were combined, would the names be case sensitive if they were combined?

IF we merge the forums, you'll have to send a request to the admin on either site to change your name to equal the other name. Just decide which one you like best.

Tom, I agree with you about the posting habits. If people from PKIC start *****ing about PKIU people posting their way, then we'll have to start coming down on the PKIU people, which will b**** because we were moderating the PKIC way.... all in all, two different forums seems more comfortable.

I've got accounts at both sites, but have posted on the PKIC boards a few times. I'd love to see the two combined; as said before, it does seem like PKIC has fewer nutcases than PKIU (not buy PKIU's fault). I do much prefer PKIU's layout to PKIC's, which would make no difference as to where the boards were moved to or merged to.

By the way, if my account was to be moved over to PKIC, what would happen to my member number? That kind of proclaims one's stake in PKIU's history. Would admin have PKIU member number and PKIC member number?

Humm, I kinda like this idea, we would keep all of the PKI forums the way they are, but add a random spiel forum for random conversations that really have nothing to do with anything.